Recent content by Flamingo

  1. F

    THR Illiopsoas tendonitis and bursitis

    I'm so sorry you are feeling so sad about this Butterfly. I'm glad you have found this forum to help you out. I too was expecting to feel so much better after just 6 weeks. This is what my surgeon told me! I've decided they really "sugar coat" everything ahead of time. I had posterior...
  2. F

    THR Right THR January 27, 2022

    Thank you everyone for your responses. I really appreciate the support. And for some reason I keep finding the wrong places to post? :)
  3. F

    THR Right THR January 27, 2022

    After reading about so many people's experiences the one thing I've learned is I wish I had not had the posterior hip replacement and had anterior instead. I didn't have a choice with the surgeon I saw. I definitely thing the recovery takes so much longer. I am going on 6 months post op...
  4. F

    THR Antibiotics after THR for dental work

    I'm so glad I saw this today because I had completely forgotten that my Hygienist had told me after my surgery I will need antibiotics for future appointments. I called my surgeon today because my appointment is in a couple of weeks. He called me in an antibiotic and said I need to take 4...
  5. F

    THR Right THR January 27, 2022

    I am doing well. My last physical therapy appointment was April 1st. Just this past Friday I gave up the cane for good. I had traded in the 4 tipped cane for one that would stand alone but a little more sturdy than the single tip. The single tip cane just didn't feel sturdy enough for me. I...
  6. F

    THR Right THR January 27, 2022

    I forgot to mention that I am still using the 4 point cane. I have the other type also. Maybe I should make that switch first?
  7. F

    THR Right THR January 27, 2022

    @Zorro - While you are standing on one leg are you holding onto anything? I already know I couldn't stand on that leg the whole time while brushing my teeth. That's pretty good that you can do that.
  8. F

    THR Right THR January 27, 2022

    Wondering if anyone has any pointers on transitioning from cane to nothing! I am done with PT and doing pretty well. I still have a little pain in the thigh area that still manages to move around. I am going on 9 weeks now and really want to be done with the cane but not sure how to make that...
  9. F

    THR Right THR January 27, 2022

    beene68 - Yes, my PT has tried to do massage and I thought it hurt! She also has a massager that I don't like at all. I have been using moist heat which I've been told helps to relax muscles better than ice. I've got PT for two more weeks and then my referrals run out. I think I am going to...
  10. F

    THR Right THR January 27, 2022

    I'm not sure which type of hip replacement you had. From what I understand the Anterior affects nerves more than the posterior like I had. Mine involves cutting muscles. He did give me Flexeril. I took Mobic before the surgery for arthritis but am hoping the arthritis is gone now. I did...
  11. F

    THR Right THR January 27, 2022

    Thank you again everyone. I am thinking about cutting PT back to once a week. I honestly don't think anything I am doing there is what is aggravating my thigh. Like Magsmom said it pops up in different spots every day. I am starting to get very aggravated with the whole thing, the cane is...
  12. F

    THR Right THR January 27, 2022

    I actually haven't been to PT in a week. I went last Monday and had to cancel my Friday appointment. I feel like I am about the same. The surgeon stressed the need for outpatient PT as he felt it worked better. I am scheduled until April 1st and then stop. She definitely doesn't do anything...
  13. F

    THR Right THR January 27, 2022

    I don't really know all the names of the PT exercises. I go twice a week for at least an hour. They start at the parallel bars and I do side stepping, squatting, heel and toe raises, then I do laying down exercises, leg raises, bridges, leg slides then I do 10 minutes on the step type of bike...
  14. F

    THR Right THR January 27, 2022

    Thank you all for your advice. The xrays looked good. Doctor told me I was "recovering later than most." But that was o.k. and this thigh pain would eventually get better. I didn't like hearing that. He told me my leg pain was from weak abductor muscles and that PT had to step it up on...
  15. F

    THR Right THR January 27, 2022

    I have finally made it almost to the 6 week mark! I see the doctor tomorrow. I was using the walker as late as just 3 days ago and graduated to the cane. My question is, has anyone else had a lot of upper thigh pain while recovering? PT seems to be a little surprised at this. It seems to...
Back
Top Bottom