Recent content by fish58

  1. fish58

    TKR the long road back

    its been a 1.5 years since my last post. 2 years on my conformis in August I walk five miles a day no pain no swelling best surgery ever have zero problems. I am so greatful for my great knee and my great surgeon I see him to thank him in two weeks. Dr. Dunaway in dayton ohio is a...
  2. fish58

    TKR the long road back

    Sorry for the long time lag in writing. 14 weeks post op. Can truly say my knee replacement has so exceeded all my expectations. I have zero pain when I walk. I have zero limp and I used to have a terrible limp. I walk 3 miles a day only limited by my other knee that probably needs a...
  3. fish58

    TKR the long road back

    8 weeks post op today. Funny how the more things get better the more I notice the small problems. Extension is better at 130 and 2 degrees extension. How is that for being ungrateful! The good news. NO PAIN WHEN I WALK! Pre-surgery I couldn't walk a mile now I walk 3 miles daily. I still have...
  4. fish58

    TKR the long road back

    7.5 weeks post op. Made a little progress the week on extension down to 2.5 ext 130 flex. I bought that leg straightening board and I think its really helping. Walking 2 miles every other day now without much of a problem. My PT is threatening to kick me out of therapy. My hamstrings...
  5. fish58

    TKR It's The HoneyB's Knees

    I had a conformis also and I have had a great recovery as well I am a little over six weeks out I still have some pain at night when I sleep My range of motion is 130 and plus 4 I am struggling with straigtening because of my pre operation scar tissue Hoping to get a couple more...
  6. fish58

    TKR the long road back

    6.5 weeks post op continuing to progress 130 flexion 5 extension. From the very beginning extension has been difficult. pre op I was 25 degrees.and had a huge limp. I watched my walk today and at 5 degrees it does not appear that i have a limp at all It certainly doesn't hurt to...
  7. fish58

    TKR the long road back

    thanks for all your input. navy guns, jockette, sistersinhim I like that heal to toe strategy I will start that today.
  8. fish58

    TKR the long road back

    five weeks from surgery on Thursday Overall amazing recovery. zero pain in the knee when walking but Like everyone still a few problems. flexion 125 extension 4 Not making much progress towards zero. doc told me it would be hard because of my pre surgery extension. I am not limping...
  9. fish58

    TKR the long road back

    tomorrow is my one month anniversary. Looking forward, I know I have a long way to go but looking back I have come a long way. To begin with its fantastic to sleep again. It is fantastic to walk almost perfect again without that horrible limp. Its fantastic to be able to bear weight...
  10. fish58

    TKR the long road back

    23 days post op. making some progress. I went for a mile walk today felt great on the walk but ached quite a bit after. When I say ached, its never in the knee it's the thigh, the IBT band, the calves, and the hamstrings. For some reason I have had this problem from the beginning the...
  11. fish58

    TKR the long road back

    Also thanks for your advise NavyGunns I have stopped working so hard on strengthening and focusing on range of motion
  12. fish58

    TKR the long road back

    13 days post op. The good news great range of motion the old knee pain 100% gone when i walk the center of the knee feels great The swelling almost gone. the bad news. My thigh still ache daily and also even though I have great range of motion my knee feels very tight when I walk and...
  13. fish58

    TKR the long road back

    Ten days post op. I think I have plateued a bit Swelling is way down. extension around 4 degrees flexion around 104 The biggest overwhelming problem is my thigh It kills to do straight leg raises At night it really wakes me up starting from right above the knee cap to the mid...
  14. fish58

    TKR the long road back

    Nine days post OP Making great progress on ROM enjoying short walks daily Only big problem The whole thigh and hamstring and especially right above the knee cap are incredible sore. I am not doing any strengthening exercises till those muscles heal.. Knee feels great but the thigh wakes...
  15. fish58

    TKR the long road back

    Six days ago I had RTKR The doc told me it was a MESS He cleaned out old carbon fiber for ACL surgery and implanted new CONFORMIS. I just can't believe it The center of my knee feels great. I am in less pain today than before the surgery. Its a miracle I walked to my mailbox to get...
Back
Top Bottom