Recent content by emmysmom

  1. emmysmom

    TKR Back to square one?<

    In my post from Friday, I described my concern with the result of my accident - sharp pain in the back/right of my knee and feeling the joint was unstable. I was/am afraid of ligament damage though I have no reason for this other than pain and fear. I was hoping for some sort of...
  2. emmysmom

    TKR Back to square one?<

    @Josephine My concern had been how long I would spend recovering from this fall, due to my scheduled return to work. Any idea what I should expect to get back to some kind of normal?
  3. emmysmom

    TKR Back to square one?<

    1. From Wednesday until today they have descended from 8 to 3. When walking (with crutches) 3, or resting 1. 2.Taking Tylenol, up to 4000 mg per day (thank you for that!) 3.From Wednesday to today it has gone from huge to moderate. 4.Before fall 140 and -5. Today I guess about 90-100 (has...
  4. emmysmom

    TKR Back to square one?<

    @Josephine - Yes, please!
  5. emmysmom

    TKR Back to square one?<

    I have been doing great for weeks. No pain meds of any kind - able to do anything I wanted. Tuesday evening I was out to do errands. I set up a return to work in mid-January feeling I was stronger than before the surgery. -5 extension and 141 flexion. Tuesday while walking across a parking lot...
  6. emmysmom

    TKR Back to square one?<

    oK - got it - sorry
  7. emmysmom

    TKR Back to square one?<

    @Josephine Thanks so much! You are right that I should ice more, and I will. I do wonder about building up strength in my calf and thigh muscles - my right calf is visibly smaller. Should I wait on that, or are there exercises you feel might help?
  8. emmysmom

    TKR Back to square one?<

    1. Pain levels generally 2 : mostly aching, swelling and evening stiffness 2. Taking 1000mg doses of Tylenol 3 to four times a day (I skip 4th if I sleep through it) 2 grams Diclofenac 1% gel twice a day - rubbed into the back of me knee and the outer side at the bending point. On my third day...
  9. emmysmom

    TKR Back to square one?<

    Absolutely! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. emmysmom

    TKR Back to square one?<

    @Lynne Cleveland Stopped PT after three or four torturous visits. I’d be incapacitated the next day. My OS said that I was doing fine and could continue with my at home exercises- I do them sporadically but I do a lot of every day things like walking, stair climbing, etc. My work involves...
  11. emmysmom

    TKR Back to square one?<

    @Lynne Cleveland regarding the NSAID cream - the pain relief was not nearly as effective as the Aleve. It was very effective in bringing down swelling in the back of my knee. The swelling was a result of the constant overdoing but I spent two days after Thanksgiving resting, icing and using the...
  12. emmysmom

    TKR Back to square one?<

    That really made me smile! Thanks @SusieShoes !
  13. emmysmom

    TKR Back to square one?<

    @KarriB: ODIC sounds right! I feel like I’m doing such a small fraction of what I usually do, so it makes me antsy. Also doing this holiday in increments. Started last week making dishes and then freezing them. Already told my husband we need to set up the tables days ahead so I get them...
  14. emmysmom

    TKR Back to square one?<

    The NSAID cream seems OK. It doesn’t have the magic results that the 1 tablet of Aleve did, but at least my stomach feels better. I’ve been doing a lot of walking (Thanksgiving prep) so the back side of my knee feels swollen and is harder to bend as far as I could last week. I try to put most...
  15. emmysmom

    TKR Back to square one?<

    So my prescription is for 2 grams of Diclofenac 1% 4 Times a day. I read all the articles on the site about Heterotopic Ossification (how much I understood may be another story) and it seems to me that the topical NSAIDS might be a good idea. Opinions? #heterotopicossification
Back
Top Bottom