Recent content by Ella61

  1. E

    TKR Swollen 9 months post op<

    I know exactly how u feel. U should know that it will get better. You will be independent again. U just have to give it some time. Everybody heals at a different rate and everyone's pain tolerance is different. Ice and elevate. Rest and it does get better. It's very hard. U did a very...
  2. E

    TKR Swollen 9 months post op<

    Thanks for correction Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  3. E

    TKR Swollen 9 months post op<

    You will def improve. I've had both done. My last one was done 6 months ago and no pain. Hang in there. Do the exercises they give u. Elevate and ice. Do the heel slides to make sure u don't build up scar tissue and keep increasing range of motion. The rest nature will take care of. Sent...
  4. E

    TKR I'm on the other side

    Does anybody know what that kind of surgery is like For a partial quad tear on a knee that had a successful tkr 2 yrs ago and a newly done tkr done and in rehab presently on other knee? Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  5. E

    TKR I'm on the other side

    The tendon tear is on the knee that was finished and rehabbed two years ago Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  6. E

    TKR I'm on the other side

    They are talking about another surgery to repair this. And then rehab again. Sounds like the whole thing all over again on the other knee. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  7. E

    Seizures

    When I had my seizure I had a 2 hr warning. I was walking down the hall with my pt the day after surgery. I told her I thought I was going to have a seizure. She got me back to bed and 2 hrs later I had a grand mal. But was safe in bed Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  8. E

    Seizures

    Oh I'm sorry. I don't mean to make you feel more anxious. I've had both done. All I can say is you won't feel a thing for a couple of days. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  9. E

    Seizures

    tell your anesthesiologist everything and warn nurses and surgeon so everyone is aware but then let it go and relax. Let me know how smoothly it went. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  10. E

    Seizures

    Hi. I'm the person who had the seizure. The only reason it was a big deal for me was because I had a history of epilepsy which had been under control for years and this changed my life. I think you'll be ok. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  11. E

    TKR I'm on the other side

    They want to do it as soon as I'm mobile. I'm worried because of infection risks Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  12. E

    TKR I'm on the other side

    I had my second knee done on July 18. This is August 3. All is good. Rom is 110. Pain not so bad. Walking with cane and walker. Resting a lot. Stitches come out next week. My question is.. when you think all is going smoothly of course it doesn't. Turns out I need another rather...
  13. E

    TKR 15 month post op worst decision of my life!

    Omg. That scares me. I am going in on 27th and this makes me think twice. Where did u have it done? Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  14. E

    Second TKR...more nervous than first!

    I know how u feel. I have three weeks until my 2nd tkr and I am letting my nerves get the better of me. I just walked into the first one pretty prepared and feeling calm but this time I have a new Dr and new hospital because of insurance and feel like a blind kitten walking in. I wish I could...
  15. E

    TKR Very discouraged!

    Oh I am so sorry you are not getting the support you need. I had my first tkr 2 years ago and luckily was pretty medicated through the whole thing. I'm having my second one next month at a different hospital and am afraid they will with hold meds. I am overweight also and have other health...
Back
Top Bottom