Recent content by efawest

  1. E

    Bilateral TKR Operation on October 23

    Well I see it has been a while since my bilateral replacement. My recovery has been ok except I have one concern and was wondering how others feel at this point in time for the recovery. It has been over 7 months since my operation and I still have very stiff knees. And they are also swollen a...
  2. E

    Knee Infection* Serrapeptase

    My first two week after bilateral knee replacement was spent at a skilled nursing facility. My bandages were changed daily by their wound specialist. He applied some kind of antiseptic solution. My wounds recovered ok, but if there had been any sign of an infection, they would have...
  3. E

    Bilateral TKR bilateral knee replacement

    Tman I know exactly how you feel. I had the same thoughts prior to my bilateral knee replacement on Oct 23. So far my recovery has been good. After one night in the hospital, I went to a skilled nursing facility. Though the facility was a little rough around the edge, I am glad I went there...
  4. E

    Bilateral TKR Operation on October 23

    As an update for me, it has been three weeks since the bilateral surgery and my rehab seems to be progressing well. I have no pain except when I exercise, though I still take the pain meds during the day. I figure pain meds take the edge off the pain during the stretching exercises allowing me...
  5. E

    Bilateral TKR Operation on October 23

    I am into my 10th day of rehab. 3 days ago I started having a dull pain on the top, left of center on my left knee. This dull pain increases when I bend the knee. I had recorded a 80 ROM on that knee prior to the pain developing. Now I can only get 50-60 before the pain gets too much. Right...
  6. E

    Bilateral TKR Operation on October 23

    In ops room at 1 pm woke up at about 4:30. Woke up with the most unbearable pain on left knee that I have ever felt. After struggling through some xrays, they installed an epidural in each leg that contain a three day nerve blocker and the pain subsided. They got me up that evening for a...
  7. E

    Oct. 23 Operation

    It is both knees. I thought that was the group I signed up for. I guess it did not end up that way. Thanks for the prep-op info. The post-op info has been very interesting and helpful.
  8. E

    Oct. 23 Operation

    Trying to keep positive as I approach my operation date.
Back
Top Bottom