Recent content by eaflorida

  1. E

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    My surgery was June 4, 2021. My manipulation was June 11, 2021. During the manipulation, there was a fair amount of blood that seeped through my stitches. Actually, losing some of that blood may have relieved some of the pressure in my knee. Thank You Bonesmart! Again, I am grateful that I...
  2. E

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    So, I have not posted for eons. My TKR surgery was in Dec 2018. My 1st manipulation was Jan 2019. Having been diagnosed with Arthrofibrosis, I still constantly deal with pain and swelling. I believe that my ROM at one point was close to 109 degrees, but I was not happy with my continued pain and...
  3. E

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    It’s been awhile since my last posting. I am now almost 8 months from my knee replacement surgery and about 7 months since my Manipulation. I am still dealing with my Arthrofibrosis (Excessive Scar Tissue) of the knee. But, I am doing better. My range of motion was up to 93 when measured a...
  4. E

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    @Jockette So today I had a followup appointment with my new Knee Surgeon this afternoon. So a brief summary of my situation is that from day one, I have had issues with pain, swelling, and ROM. It got so bad, that my initial surgeon said that I was being non-compliant. The original surgeon said...
  5. E

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    So I was finally able to see an Orthopedic PA yesterday about my knee. I have not seen any medical professionals since I was 2 months post op. They x-rayed my knee, read thru my operative report from my original surgeon, and looked at my pre and post op x-rays. The good news is that my knee...
  6. E

    MUA A Year and Still Tightness

    Wow. Your situation is almost exactly like mine. I am also 4+ months out from TKR & about 90 days out from my MUA. I too am experiencing the same pain issues that you are. At this point, my ROM is only 79. And, my surgeon wanted to do a 2nd manipulation not even a full month after the first MUA...
  7. E

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    @traceys Am curious as to what your Rom is stuck at looking at nearly 6 months out. Is your Dr/surgeon still onboard with your slow recovery? How often do you put on your compression wraps? Did you buy any special kind of wraps, and where did you get them? Thanks for the information about...
  8. E

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    It’s been awhile since I have posted. I am still thankfully alive and kicking. I have been going to PT for 2 times per week for what seems like forever and am still having difficulty getting great ROM. The last time it was checked it was only 75 degrees. Probably not where I should be. While...
  9. E

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    Its been awhile since I have checked in. Just wanted to give a little update as to how I am doing: I am still struggling with my ROM. Yesterday only measured 67. It's been about 3-4 weeks + and my ROM seems stuck around 65-67. I still goto PT twice a week, and have made what I think is a huge...
  10. E

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    @traceys I read your whole thread today. Boy, I thought I had it tough until I read your stories. Wow. Congrats to you and your long difficult journey. You are very inspiring. As you figured out, the information and recommendations of those on bonesmart.com are so important because of the...
  11. E

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    So today is 10 weeks since my RTKR. Wish that I could be overly positive, but I am still having a very tough go at it. At PT last week, my ROM was only 66. Knee still gets hot from time to time. My surgeon actually called my home yesterday as she really wants to do a 2nd MUA. She reads all her...
  12. E

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    @Jockette Thanks Jockette! I was pleading with my Doc to give me some more time to heal. She thinks that if I wait longer for the swelling to go down that this might only equate to maybe another 5 degrees of ROM. And she took a dig at me switching my PT from JOI to Heartland. She thinks my PT...
  13. E

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    So if anyone out there has turned down a first or second manipulation due to poor Rom, please let me know how long it took you to progress and fully get your ROM back. I am not very happy about my surgeon and her threats that I could be at a 65 degree bend for the rest the of my life. I am...
  14. E

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    So I just had my appointment with my surgeon. My Dr was not a happy that I only had a 65 degree bend at PT last Friday. She wanted to schedule my 2nd Manipulation next week. She said I will be like this for the rest of my life if we do not do the manipulation now. Not good. I am very seriously...
  15. E

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    So tomorrow I go see my Doctor (surgeon). Am a little bit nervous as I am not quite sure of what to expect. I did get my Rom to 65 on Friday at PT. Today marks 3 weeks since my manipulation procedure. Thankfully some heavy f the trauma and swelling has decreased, although there is lots more...
Back
Top Bottom