Recent content by dwhist

  1. D

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another joint bites the dust

    I agree on ice packs. I had the Bregs ice machine, but found a couple of ice packs from Amazon were much easier to deal with when keen replaced 4 years ago. Put one on knee and the other in freezer ready for next use. No dealing with water or ice for machine. Also did same thing for recent...
  2. D

    Rotator cuff surgery? Yes or no?

    I was told by doc in 2015 that I had a complete tear of my rotator cuff. He said he would not even attempt a repair. Was told I would need reverse shoulder replacement in the future. I did go for PT for awhile and the exercises seemed to help. I ride my bike anywhere from 2000 to 3000 miles a...
  3. D

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Scared about shoulder replacement

    I had a reverse 11 weeks ago. Was much easier recovery than my TKR in 2021. Hip4life has most of the basics. I want to add a few I found. I hope they help. I was given my sling a few weeks before surgery. It gave me a chance to wear it and see where I might have issues. If you can get sooner...
  4. D

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Dwhist's reverse TSR recovery

    Thought I should post I made it to the 6 week mark and started PT. Was told range of motion was good. Saw doc a week later and he said ok to back down to 1 time a week with the PT while still doing at home range of motion exercises. See him again in 6 weeks. So far so good. As many have said...
  5. D

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Had surgery almost two weeks ago-have questions

    Sorry, forgot to mention I wore a long sleeve tee shirt , even to bed, and placed ice pack over it and never got a rash.
  6. D

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Had surgery almost two weeks ago-have questions

    My RTSR was Oct 9. I had a knee replacement 4 years ago and received a Polar ice machine, but found ice packs from Amazon worked better for me. So for this round of joint replacement, I went with ice packs. Used for about a week a few times a day. Found at night shoulder got sore when...
  7. D

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Dwhist's reverse TSR recovery

    Three week update. As to above question about Tylenol PM, it did not really help. I have not taken anything in last week. Still not sleeping well. Find myself getting up at 4 am. Retired, so not an issue. Arm is getting less sore while sleeping. Taking sling off a few times a day for...
  8. D

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Am I keeping shoulder in correct position?

    My reverse shoulder surgery was Oct 9. I have the Breg Slingshott 2 sling. I was given it a few weeks before surgery and tried it on a few times. Ended up going back and they did some adjustments as it was uncomfortable on my shoulder. When I wear it my hand seems to be in front and arm is more...
  9. D

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Dwhist's reverse TSR recovery

    My mistake. I was doing this early morning after little sleep and first site I came across said 3000mg/day, so that is what I used. My issue is during the day, arm feels fine. It gets sore once I try to sleep. Got the Tylenol PM and will try tonight.
  10. D

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Dwhist's reverse TSR recovery

    Saw the surgeons Physician Assistant yesterday, 6 days after surgery. Was aware ahead of time they use a team approach and surgeon was always available if any issues. They took a number of xrays. Had the dressing removed and was happy to hear glue was used, so no sutures or staples to come out...
  11. D

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Dwhist's reverse TSR recovery

    Had reverse shoulder replacement morning of Oct 9. Had the nerve block and general anesthesia. Took about 3 hours. I see doc Oct 15 and will get update on what was done. Was kept overnight. Two others in nearby rooms had same thing done. Not able to talk to them. But they seemed to be doing...
  12. D

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse Shoulder Stemless Option

    Will be right shoulder. It was left knee in 2020.
  13. D

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse Shoulder Stemless Option

    Now have a date of October 9 for reverse shoulder replacement. Discussed with doc the stem less option. He mainly does shoulders and fells the stemless do not give the stability that a stem does. He thinks he can use a shorter stem. I had CT scan today and dropped it off to his office. He will...
  14. D

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse Shoulder Stemless Option

    Headed towards a reverse shoulder replacement sometime this year. I see orthopedic doc later this week to see if a cortisone shot will give me some more time. I am active in the summer and would prefer towards winter. I have a mechanical heart valve that requires blood thinners. I was taken off...
  15. D

    TKR Scared to go past 120, want to swim

    "I'm going to ask my OS for a copy of the surgery report in next appointment. " I have a MyChart Account with the hospital that I had the surgery in. Apparently due to new rules in the US. I can access MyChart account on line from the hospital and go to the Visit link allowing me to access all...
Back
Top Bottom