Recent content by doug7

  1. doug7

    THR Anyone have pain below the knee months after surgery?

    I had a pretty successful THR about 9 months ago. I was doing pretty well other than IT band and some leg pain (same side). As I became more active, a throbbing knee pain occurs when I walk. It is only below the knee and radiates downward towards the foot..almost feels like a spasm in the...
  2. doug7

    THR Knee Pain increasing with mobility

    Having the same pain myself with my knee (pain upon walking, activity, mainly pressure, and some subtle swelling) and I have no history of problems before THR. I'm hoping it goes away and am pretty concerned about it too. I have been stretching...some suggest ice...maybe I'll try that. Hang...
  3. doug7

    THR Anyone have pain below the knee months after surgery?

    Here is a pic...I took a snapshot of the chart you sent and marked it up. It's painful only when I walk...when there is pressure on it. Thank you!
  4. doug7

    THR Anyone have pain below the knee months after surgery?

    Thank you. The diagram is helpful but my remaining (but new) pain is at the knee level...raduates down shin on pressure and walking and on the outside part of the knee away fromy body). Please do ask! Thank you....
  5. doug7

    THR Anyone have pain below the knee months after surgery?

    Thank you. February 2018 was when I had my THR. Thank you MammaT and Layla :-)
  6. doug7

    THR Anyone have pain below the knee months after surgery?

    Looking for insight, words of wisdom/hope...:sad: I am mid 40's, had a labral tear that ended up causing necrosis, limped for 6 months, and had a THR with an excellent surgeon and all was going pretty well (albeit slow) over the last 4 months and suddenly charlie-horse like pain in the quad and...
  7. doug7

    2018 February Valentines - Are you having hip surgery in February?

    2.22.2018 :)THR in my mid forties...looking forward to it!
  8. doug7

    Tight Psoas and Hip Flexors'

    Thank you AJinNH and everyone who has chimed in. I don't know if the DM or the Stryker equipment is best-or even addresses the psoas conflict issue. Definitely much marketing and hype in a lucrative market-and yes a doctor like mine is very equipped to find the right signal through all of the...
  9. doug7

    Tight Psoas and Hip Flexors'

    Wow. Apparently I've come across as irreverent in this thread! :-0 Dictating to the doctor? Jeez...a little harsh! Doctors are humans, and they don't always have the time to take the background in of the patient, to consider all options. Apparently, I'm not crazy or disrespectful to...
  10. doug7

    Tight Psoas and Hip Flexors'

    Jaycey-thanks for your reply. He actually said he would do either biomet hip, but it was his hesitation of the DM device that concerned me. It was more of how the discussion went and the lack of clarity-I expected him to have a strong opinion or recommendation...that's all. Thanks...
  11. doug7

    Tight Psoas and Hip Flexors'

    I had a first consult with my OS. He was reluctant to do a dual-mobility implant. My question about iliopsoas conflict and the Stryker ADM (that attempts to address this) was not really answered. He prefers Biomet for sure, and they have a dual mobility device, but not one with the patented...
  12. doug7

    Tight Psoas and Hip Flexors'

    Thank you both. I'm seeing the Doc next week, so hopefully I'll have a date soon. The lordosis is a basically a pelvic tilt exacerbated by the lumbar fusion, so my understanding is that it's critical to factor this in during implant planning. The posas conflict apparently occurs in 40% of THR...
  13. doug7

    Tight Psoas and Hip Flexors'

    I have a lumbar fusion and have tight psoas and hip flexor muscles. I have natural and post-op lordosis (mild) and wonder not only about proper shell and liner placement, but even more about the impingement/irritation of muscles that span the hip joint. It appears that the Stryker ADM X3...
  14. doug7

    THR Dual mobility acetabular cup vs traditional implant #1

    Thank you both very much. It seems that issues with poly on ceramic were significant enough to redesign the poly cup (breakdown of improved with next gen poly and additives (like vitamin e) and this breakdown causing biological changes and reactions. Ceramic on ceramic probably has less long...
  15. doug7

    THR Dual mobility acetabular cup vs traditional implant #1

    Thank you very much. I'm already feeling better after hearing from you! I very much appreciate your response!!! Thank you! I'll definitely send your regards... -doug
Back
Top Bottom