Recent content by doopy

  1. doopy

    THR Doopy's Recovery

    Thank you so much - that is really helpful to hear. Today is Day 27 and I walked up a big flight of stairs for a shower, pottered about whilst I was up there, then came back down, got dressed and put some washing on. After standing in the garden for about 15 mons (supervising non-gardening...
  2. doopy

    THR Doopy's Recovery

    @Layla Hi, thank you for your reassurance - it's very kind, and good to hear! I need some common sense knocked into me! It's just having had one horrendous joint infection, it feels as if another is inevitable, which is ridiculous - my surgeon would never have operated if he was worried about...
  3. doopy

    THR Doopy's Recovery

    Oh, what a rollercoaster!! (I'm still traumatised from the infection after my TKR 19 months ago). The allergy to the dressings got worse, and then the area got very red and the wound started oozing. The on-call doctor and Sister (it's a small private hospital) all felt that it was serous fluid...
  4. doopy

    THR Doopy's Recovery

    Well, guys, here I am! I'm home, but I have to confess to suffering from absolutely torrential depression, but I'm making myself post in an attempt to re-engage with the world again (and all of you lovely people out there in Bonesmart - land!). Well, I guess it all went ok, but not as well as...
  5. doopy

    THR Here We Go Again!

    @HollyNY Thanks for the encouragement - you are of course right, and I'm trying really hard to focus on what is to come. I have zero memory of how it felt after my first hip was done 7 years ago, but the pain was nothing compared to this: i keep trying to remember / understand that i am able...
  6. doopy

    THR Here We Go Again!

    @Jaycey Hi there, no, I haven't tried a TENS because I have suffered from Atrial Fibrillation and my heart often feels like a time bomb waiting to go off! I've read that TENS machines are contraindicated for AF sufferers, and at the moment I'm keen to just try to keep everything on an even keel...
  7. doopy

    THR Here We Go Again!

    Well, big thanks to everyone for the positive vibes, hugs and encouragement - it's so good to know there are lovely people out there! I just returned from 2 weeks in France, which was a nightmare. I was unable to do anything (loads of gardening needed doing), and the sleeping is still stuck at...
  8. doopy

    THR Here We Go Again!

    Hi all! Hope I'm posting in the right place (I've forgotten what to do!), but am now heading for a 2nd THR (right), following a successful LTHR and a very dodgy RTKR. My right knee got an infection 5 weeks post-op, and I had 2 weeks in hospital as an emergency with a full debridement, & then I...
  9. doopy

    Knee Infection* Infection after 5 weeks

    Hi there, thank you for your message - it does sound like we've been on the same journey! (though i havent had my leg run over - yet!). I think it does all just take its toll, and I have this feeling that my brain is now so programmed to expect massive medical failure / catastrophe that every...
  10. doopy

    Knee Infection* Infection after 5 weeks

    Hello, what a lovey message, and thanks for taking time to reply - it was very helpful, and made me feel better. Sounds like you are dealing with similar issues - trying to get the magnesium into your body without compromising the antibiotics, eating enough protein etc. Yes, I do have an...
  11. doopy

    Knee Infection* Infection after 5 weeks

    Thanks Jamie - yes, I agree the a chat with the pharmacist might be a help (notch chance of getting access to a GP here at the moment!). And I think probiotics are a good idea - I haven't experienced and digestive issues on the Cipro but it must have taken out all those good bacteria. Milk...
  12. doopy

    Knee Infection* Infection after 5 weeks

    Thanks to all who responded - love to you all for being there and taking the time to read and reply, and I'll reply individually as well. Well, had my weekly hospital clinic check with the surgeon. You may remember that last week I was finally released from the wound vac and I had just a small...
  13. doopy

    Knee Infection* Infection after 5 weeks

    Well, I'm still here! And thank you for enquiring! The news is that on 4th Jan, after 11 weeks, I finally was released from the wound vac.:happydance: It has made a big difference to me, both physically (I no longer get the tube caught on the gas cooker knob and risk blowing up the...
  14. doopy

    Knee Infection* Infection after 5 weeks

    Thank you - you are right - wise words!! I think that whilst settled in my faithful recliner I'll try getting back to doing some genealogy research on my laptop - if I get bogged down, I can just shut the lid and close my eyes! And as you say, a bit of bad TV thrown in!!
  15. doopy

    Knee Infection* Infection after 5 weeks

    Thank you for your words of advice, Jaycey - I'll take it on board and try to be calmer. Bless you for being here! :flwrysmile:
Back
Top Bottom