Recent content by Dolphin

  1. D

    walking after THR

    hiphiphooray and Phil, I was lucky as I was able to weight bear immediately after surgery. Hang on in there, be patient, it will get easier I probably tried to get ahead of myself and did too much walking, with and without aids, in the first couple of weeks:th_blush: :th_DOH: The bad weather...
  2. D

    One Week On

    Hi Bertj, I'm a new member on this site too- found it in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep! I too am having difficulties sleeping on my back and consequently manage 4 hours maximum before I have to get up due to sore heels and cramps. I've found a memory foam pillow to be a...
  3. D

    I love my new hip!!

    Hi Michelle, I hope all goes well for you in the New Year. I wish I'd found this terrific forum before I had my surgery, don't think I'd have been quite as anxious But I can promise you it's worth all the wait and the worry. Have to admit to crying with happiness and relief as I left the...
  4. D

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Am I reallly posting a photo of my cellulite bum???!!!!! This is 12 days post op taken by my disbelieving OH with a mobile phone!
  5. D

    I love my new hip!!

    Thanks Haldox and Dexonsbabe....... hope it's going well for you two too! Just notice we're all lefties...... very sinister:hehe:
  6. D

    I love my new hip!!

    Yes, being pain free is the best thing in the world! I have my very patient OH stopping me being too keen on the exercise front! Plus the snow is in cahoots with him! I'm near York, Jo - we've had more snow here than there's been for many years, it's snowing heavily again now. Must be at...
  7. D

    I love my new hip!!

    Hello eveyone, Just want to shout out- I LOVE MY NEW HIP!!:wub: No more pain, my limp has disappeared, so too has the pain in my 'good' foot. I'm on day 13 post op and can walk around the house without a stick. Yesterday I even prepared and cooked our evening meal, although not being the...
  8. D

    Day 6 post op- Am I walking too far?

    Hi Steph, Thanks for your encouragement. Love your reply- that's just the sort of thing I would do! Now the bad weather has descended OH has hidden door keys :sgh: and I'm resigned to walking a circuit round the house....... just how many different ways can you do that without going...
  9. D

    Day 6 post op- Am I walking too far?

    Hello Tykey, I was born and have lived most of my life in the middle of God's own county- York. I'm recouperating there now, but think I must have had a brain storm as for the last year we have lived in France!:pzld::blush:
  10. D

    Day 6 post op- Am I walking too far?

    Thanks for that, Jamie! Yes, terrific advice and such friendly people I have to be more sensible now as I'm confined to barracks because of the snow! B****r!!!!!! Josephine- I hope it's not too bad up there with you.
  11. D

    Day 6 post op- Am I walking too far?

    Eh up Tykey! Now sithee ere lad, there's nowt that scares me more than t'snow:hehe::hehe::hehe: I'll be reet careful- but I hope tha's aw reet now?
  12. D

    Day 6 post op- Am I walking too far?

    Thanks for your advice. The only advice given by my physio was that I had to listen to my body- which was what concerned me as it isn't saying 'Woah' yet! Up to 2 years ago I used to be a swimming coach and spinning instructor so maybe this is helping me through now! Shame my OH has such a...
  13. D

    Day 6 post op- Am I walking too far?

    Hello there! What a fantastic forum! I am on day 6 post op THR ( came home on day 3) and, after reading various threads, am wondering if I am walking too much? I am pain free ( joint wise) and limp free for the first time in 2 years and loving it! I am doing all my prescribed exercises 4...
Back
Top Bottom