Recent content by dogmom1960

  1. D

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    thanks Josephine. going to keep taking Tylenol like clockwork during the day. I am not feeling as much pain, but by the end of the day I am pretty achy/sore. it's funny, before I had the procedure I was so positive, I literally annoyed some people. I am looking forward to getting that back...
  2. D

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    the more I read everyone's threads, I wish I had found this months ago. I don't understand why they don't give you more info prior to your surgery. My doctor gave the "clinical" of what he was going to do, and I was given a pamphlet. The hospital had a pre-surgery class which was great for...
  3. D

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    sorry I misread the chart. I have 2 areas that seem to be hanging on. R2FD, and RB5D. As far as Tylenol. I only use extra strength, and have never taken less than 1000 at one time. I only recently heard of over dosing. I have always suffered from on going sinus headaches. Tylenol never worked...
  4. D

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    I just want to take a moment and say thank you to everyone who has replied to my posts. I had breast cancer 10 years ago(I was lucky and caught it early), and I never needed the support that have needed now. So again, thanks everyone. This is trying to teach me patience. Why this late in...
  5. D

    THR 9 weekspost THR and I still have a limp

    Hi @bettyboop, yes I too am 9 weeks, and unless I use my cane, I limp. I agree with everyone, you have to use the right walking aid. I tried to get off mine too early, and I am paying for it. stick with your aids, mine has gotten better to point that my co-workers are commenting how much better...
  6. D

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    I work at an advertising agency, so I am up and down from desk quite a lot. but on the flip side, I do have sit at a computer quite a bit. I never really stopped working. I was answering emails the day of my surgery, which I am reading is pretty common. I stayed at home for 3 weeks, went back...
  7. D

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    1. Pain level averages around 3-4. 2. what they gave me when I left the hospital-- 50 mg tramadol 1-2 tablets, rotated with 1-2 tablets of hydrocodone-APAP7.5-325. however at this stage I will only take 1 of tramadol if I am really bad. otherwise just 2 aleve in the am, pm. 3. I only ice at...
  8. D

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    I go to bed with an ice pack every night. when I went back to work, the first week I iced at work as well. if it's been long day, I will ice when I get home.
  9. D

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    Hi everyone. Bad night last night. not sure what happened but woke up with the pillow on the floor, not between my knees. I have both groin and outside hip pain. Not having a great day. thanks for letting me whine today
  10. D

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    I am only doing the PT exercises they gave me in the beginning. the basic ones everybody does. I have not been ok'ed for out patient PT yet. I don't see the doctor again until mid July, so nothing is going to happen until then. I have been told he is very conservative and will not do...
  11. D

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    pulling back on my expectations has helped, but I am still having some pain in that hip, so I hope am not one of those few who don't have a great recovery. for those reading this, I am having some groin pain, but also on the outside, near my scar, but it's not scar pain. looking at the x-rays...
  12. D

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    hope you like Austin, I have always enjoyed my visits there!
  13. D

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    Hi I live in Dallas. I have heard what everyone is telling me, and I am trying "tame" down what I am doing. I was able to nap my first week back, or there was no way I could have made it though that week. I am going to try and limit my expectations for a couple more weeks and see how it goes.
  14. D

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    Unfortunately Tylenol does nothing for me. It has never has worked for me. before surgery they prescribed meloxicam, and that did not do anything either. the only relief I ever got before surgery was thru shots. I have tried using Aleve, but its not a great deal of help either. any other...
  15. D

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    sorry about the sprain, that's is a pain! I take an ice pad with me to bed every night. I have to say though, I have been very lucky with swelling. Mine is pretty much gone, and has been past week 2. I ice to help with the achy feeling I have at night. sometimes I ice when I get home & sit...
Back
Top Bottom