Recent content by DiannesNewKnee

  1. DiannesNewKnee

    TKR Right TKR June 2, 2025

    I think this may be my issue. I’m getting my knee so mad by all the stuff I’m doing that it’s not healing as fast as it could. I’ll try to listen to it more. Thank you.
  2. DiannesNewKnee

    TKR Right TKR June 2, 2025

    I’m finally having some good days where I wake up and realize I’m not feeling horrible. I’m managing to get out of the house now, which really helps my mood. I’m trying to listen to my body and come home to elevate and ice when my knee protests. You’re right about personal daily activities. When...
  3. DiannesNewKnee

    TKR Right TKR June 2, 2025

    I will try this. Being miserable isn’t working for me! Thank you
  4. DiannesNewKnee

    TKR Right TKR June 2, 2025

    I wonder why they are telling me to do so much? Four rounds of PT a day plus the ROMtech bike. I’ll try doing some different things today. Thank you
  5. DiannesNewKnee

    TKR Right TKR June 2, 2025

    You are right about the good days and bad days. I’ve had a few bad days recently and it was so hard. I woke up with my knee swollen and painful feeling like all the progress I had made was gone. I felt beyond exhausted the entire day and nothing I did helped, not even laying down. Then I...
  6. DiannesNewKnee

    TKR Right TKR June 2, 2025

    A little update. Yesterday I went to my 2 week post op appointment, and today was my first PT appointment outside my home. This has been a very different experience than my left knee. I’m two weeks out and with a little stretching I’m at 0 degrees so I can flatten my leg out. My bend is at 108º...
  7. DiannesNewKnee

    TKR Right TKR June 2, 2025

    It’s good to be reminded about how much stress this surgery is on your body. The last few times I’ve gone upstairs to take a shower haven’t been nearly as exhausting as before, but then I add something else that wears me out. All I can say is, I’m really glad I’m a teacher and have the summer...
  8. DiannesNewKnee

    TKR Right TKR June 2, 2025

    It’s more manageable now, thank you for asking. This feels like a big balancing act. I have PT exercises to do, but if I do them 3 times a day like they say I should, it spikes the pain and swelling to the point where I can’t do much the next day. So I have been doing the exercises , but I’m...
  9. DiannesNewKnee

    TKR Right TKR June 2, 2025

    You’re completely right. I couple of days ago I was feeling nauseous because of the narcotics, so I tried to cut back a lot. I didn’t feel horrible, but when the physical therapist came, he said that I wasn’t moving like I was 2 days ago, and that cutting back that much would slow down my...
  10. DiannesNewKnee

    TKR Right TKR June 2, 2025

    Sending hugs back!
  11. DiannesNewKnee

    TKR Right TKR June 2, 2025

    It’s been better since that night. One night I slept eight hours. It wasn’t consecutive hours because I would wake up, move around a bit, take my pain medication, and then eventually go back to sleep. The total was eight hours though. I felt really good in the morning.
  12. DiannesNewKnee

    TKR Right TKR June 2, 2025

    Hi. That night, I don’t think it was an issue with the pain medication because I’ve been really careful to take it on schedule. The first week the pain was pretty intense even when I took the max. They did call in more, but I don’t need the max dose anymore. I think it was an off night. I’m...
  13. DiannesNewKnee

    TKR Right TKR June 2, 2025

    Last night was absolutely brutal. I have no idea why. I tried to sleep at 10 and my knee was in so much pain I couldn’t get comfortable. I tried changing positions, icing and elevating and nothing seemed to help. I’m not taking the max dose of the narcotic but if I do I’ll run out when I still...
  14. DiannesNewKnee

    TKR Right TKR June 2, 2025

    Doing normal things is so exhausting right now. I’ve been getting up, walking a bit, using the bathroom etc. Today I felt so gross that I changed my clothes and got myself cleaned up. I didn’t do that much but I’m just so tired now. It’s frustrating not having the ability to get anything done.
  15. DiannesNewKnee

    TKR Right TKR June 2, 2025

    You are right! I don’t want to wreck my liver. I’m being careful not to go over 4000 per day.
Back
Top Bottom