Recent content by Dharlee

  1. Dharlee

    TKR November 14 TLKR Recovery

    I sure will. Ty!
  2. Dharlee

    TKR November 14 TLKR Recovery

    I'm so sorry Dotski. I feel it mainly in the front side of my knee almost exactly where I used to get shots. It feels extremely sore and achy in that area, and when it pops enough it feels like a sharp pain. I think it might be the same place that mendogal mentioned. I wonder if more ROM might...
  3. Dharlee

    TKR November 14 TLKR Recovery

    Hi again. I think I'm supposed to come here to ask related questions regarding my surgery on November 14th, but not sure? Anyway, I had thought this might be normal but now I'm not so sure. I have a popping in my knee every *single* time I move. It's at least once with every step, sometimes...
  4. Dharlee

    Should I cancel surgery?

    I'm sorry I'm late to the party, but just saw this. I wondered what you decided to do. I had a RTKR in April of '21, then was going to get the left one done in Nov of the same year, but my hip decided it was done and my PA advised me that you can go a lot longer with a bad knee than a bad hip. I...
  5. Dharlee

    TKR November 14 TLKR Recovery

    Oh I'm so happy for you! I know you'll be so glad to be done when you get it. Thank you!
  6. Dharlee

    TKR November 14 TLKR Recovery

    Thank you both! I know I've not posted a ton. But this forum is a Godsend and I do love it, and the folks here. ❤️❤️
  7. Dharlee

    TKR November 14 TLKR Recovery

    I had my second TKR on November 14. It was my left knee (third total joint replacement). This one was a hum-dinger pain-wise. I saw my Dr today for my 2 week post op and he confirmed that some are simply harder than others. This knee was worse before-hand because while waiting to get it done my...
  8. Dharlee

    TKR Finally!

    I'm home! The spinal was not terrible, except in my head. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm in quite a bit of pain when I stand, walk etc, but I seem to remember that is how it is at first. The new Dr was wonderful. He called the night before asking me if I had any questions, and prayed with...
  9. Dharlee

    TKR Finally!

    Well it was a very long time ago. My Dr was wonderful, just not skilled at that lol. That neurologist was awful to everyone. But it's long over. Thanks for letting me fret out loud so to speak.
  10. Dharlee

    TKR Finally!

    Thank you both. I've had 19 surgeries in my life and only one has ever left me with nausea. Generally I'm not worried about anesthesia at all, but this one has me reeling. This will actually be the 8th time in a year and a half of being knocked out. It just doesn't bother me. But the spinal...
  11. Dharlee

    TKR Finally!

    Thanks! I 100% know I'm being a 69 year old infant but I can't seem to help it. I came mighty close to canceling my whole procedure.
  12. Dharlee

    TKR Finally!

    I'm curious about something... My surgery is next week and I've been told by my new surgeon that they generally do a spinal before surgery. I know, I KNOW I am a big baby, but when I was 13, I had encephalitis. I was sick for 5 months and had to have spinal taps daily for almost 2 of those...
  13. Dharlee

    TKR Finally!

    Thank you both so much
  14. Dharlee

    TKR Finally!

    I'm finally getting my left knee replacement on the 14th of November. I had complications with my right hip in Nov last year and it plus other things delayed my knee. In the past year and 8 months, this will be my 10th surgery. Most are not as major, but still at almost 69 years old, they take...
  15. Dharlee

    TKR When oh when oh when

    I wouldn't advise taking anything without speaking to your doctor first, but I had my right total hip replacement last November and have had nerve pain since. The thing that helped me most with that is taking alpha-lipoic-acid as a supplement. I wondered if that was what you meant by "hot spots".
Back
Top Bottom