Recent content by DevinsDad

  1. D

    TKR LTKR - In praise of ROMTech

    On March 22 I had my left knee replaced. I had my right knee replaced three years ago. This was a much better recovery for multiple reasons. First off, I knew what to expect. Secondly, my left knee was not as bad off as my right knee. My right knee was 15 degrees off from being straight. (During...
  2. D

    TKR LTKR - March 22

    I'm a little late to the party to announce getting a new knee in 8 days, but here I am. This forum was helpful to me when I had my right knee replaced in 2021. My right leg is now much stronger than my left leg. Before having the knee replaced, the opposite was true. With a little injury to...
  3. D

    Ski accident need partial hip replacement

    I talked to the doctor. He said all I needed was a partial hip replacement. So that's what I got. He would not consider a full hip replacement. I had it done close to the ski area instead of being transferred to a hospital closer to home. Now I'm stuck up here and they say I won't be discharged...
  4. D

    Ski accident need partial hip replacement

    Thank you for your thoughtful replies. I have not seen the surgeon yet. His PA came in a few minutes ago and went over some of the details. We'll see what happens later on in the day.
  5. D

    Ski accident need partial hip replacement

    I had my right knee replaced last May. Bonesmart.org was helpful to me then. I had a very good recovery, except for lack of sleep. I went skiing today at Hunter mountain in New York. I had a bad fall and fractured my left hip. I am now in Health Alliance Hospital formally know as Kingston...
  6. D

    TKR Muscle Knots after TKR

    To stretch out the hamstring, my PT is having me lie on my stomach and "hang" the lower part of my leg over the side of the bed with the knee on the bed. At first, this was torture, but it is less of torture each time I do it. It helps the knots too.
  7. D

    TKR Muscle Knots after TKR

    I'll give Natrol a try. Thanks.
  8. D

    TKR Muscle Knots after TKR

    Thanks to everyone for their replies. I am now three weeks out and mostly doing better than I thought I would be. My leg is straighter than it has been in decades so the muscle knots and discomfort are to be expected. I have ice on the top of my knee and heat underneath. That seems to work...
  9. D

    TKR Muscle Knots after TKR

    First time here. I had TKR on my right knee on May 7th. I expected pain in my knee after the surgery. (I had suffered knee pain after active weekends for a while prior to the surgery and I was expecting the same after the surgery). I wish I had found Bonesmart prior to the surgery. To my...
Back
Top Bottom