Recent content by Denpucc1

  1. D

    TKR Knee revision vs new spacer

    I have scar tissue that keeps coming back. I had a second surgery to try and remove scar tissue but the recovery was similar to a revision. It didn’t help and 10 years later I can only bend my knee 90 degrees. How did the remove your scar tissue?
  2. D

    TKR Rhizotomy Procedure?

    I did some research and called HSS. The doctor there recommended a colleague across the street who has a newer procedure that may help me. It’s called a Genicular Artery Embolization (GAE). GAE is a relatively new procedure to insert a catheter into the groin and target ARTERIES with...
  3. D

    TKR Rhizotomy Procedure?

    Yes I’ve had 3 nerve ablations and the time of relief between each proved became less and less. The last one didn’t work at all. I had a “revision” on my right knee to clear out as much scar tissue as they could but it didn’t help. Does anyone have a recommendation of a surgeon at HSS that I can...
  4. D

    TKR Rhizotomy Procedure?

    I just realized that the lysis of adhesion surgery can’t be done on my left knee because it hasn’t been replaced. I did to go to HSS years ago to discuss the scar tissue issue. The “expert” told me he would replace the entire knee with a different brand but only a 50/50 chance of helping. I...
  5. D

    TKR Rhizotomy Procedure?

    Yes I’ve had 3 nerve ablations and the time of relief between each proved became less and less. The last one didn’t work at all. I had a “revision” on my right knee to clear out as much scar tissue as they could but it didn’t help. Does anyone have a recommendation of a surgeon at HSS that I can...
  6. D

    TKR Rhizotomy Procedure?

    Ty so much. You have been thru so much! I feel really badly complaining ❤️
  7. D

    TKR Rhizotomy Procedure?

    Rhizotomy procedure Hi, everyone. I’ve had many issues with my right knee replacement that was done on 12/3/2013. I have a rare condition where scar tissue keeps growing back and it’s painful every time I move my knee. I was only able to get to 90 degrees ROM. I’ve tried acupuncture, PT for 2...
  8. D

    THR Groin issue after anterior THR

    Hey, I’m back! I’ve been going to PT since the beginning of November. 2 days a week and do exercises at home. I still feel serious pain in my IT band and I can’t do some exercises due to the lack of ROM in my right knee from scar tissue that keeps coming back. I can only explain that my right...
  9. D

    THR Groin issue after anterior THR

    I had a spinal. No general anesthesia. I’ve never felt this fatigued after a surgery. I’m going to PT and doing my exercises but can’t get myself to do chores or run errands. I can only drive for a few miles. I used to be independent and I’m hating this recovery!
  10. D

    THR Groin issue after anterior THR

    Ty so much for the info. I think I don’t have a lot of energy cuz I was basically a slug for almost a year! I’m in great health and am really surprised at how fatigued I get. When I broke my hip within a month I was doing great and I don’t remember being fatigued. Possibly because I was in such...
  11. D

    THR Groin issue after anterior THR

    My recovery has been wonderful. Started physical therapy and am using a cane. I walk a lot without the cane indoors. PT explained my procedure telling me the tendon was a hip flexor and since it was cut and migrated away from the hip then I’m missing that hip flexor. I need to work on my core...
  12. D

    THR Groin issue after anterior THR

    Spaniel i hope the pain goes away soon! I don’t feel the pain in my groin anymore so I believe my issue has been resolved. I hope ur issue can be resolved soon!
  13. D

    THR Groin issue after anterior THR

    Thank you so much Mojo333! I realized putting full weight on my right leg was not the best idea. I was in so much pain by nighttime. I am holding back on putting full weight on my leg for a while. I have other complications prior to the surgery and they r hurting!
  14. D

    THR Groin issue after anterior THR

    Hi, Everyone! I wanted to update you on my surgery. I was told I could have anesthesia I wanted and opted for a spinal block that would last an hour. I was put out with a lot of Valium while the spinal was being put in place so I don’t remember getting into the OR which has never happened to me...
  15. D

    THR Groin issue after anterior THR

    Good luck to u❤️
Back
Top Bottom