Recent content by denisetoli

  1. D

    TKR Two surgeries in 48 hours<

    Just an update on my vacay from PT. I am still progressing. I am not waking up with my knee stiff and swollen nearly as much as I was (it was an everyday occurrence). I am back at the gym working on upper body, which makes me feel better. I am letting my knee, finally, dictate my pace...
  2. D

    TKR Two surgeries in 48 hours<

    I would love to hear how you are recovering!!! I have seen such a huge improvement in just mobility and recovering from swelling since stopping PT! I am not saying that I won't go back, but this time armed with the evidence that my knee is much happier not being pushed at all. And with the...
  3. D

    TKR Two surgeries in 48 hours<

    I can feel a difference most definitely. I am not saying that my knee does not swell still, because it does. However, the swelling subsides much more quickly than it had when I was overworking it at PT. I am moving more at work (walking) and taking walks in the evening but the difference is...
  4. D

    TKR Two surgeries in 48 hours<

    Day three with no physical therapy and I can already feel the difference. Elevating and icing in the evening, sleeping with leg elevated most of the night. Knee still swells when I walk too much but is much quicker to recover (meaning does not stay swollen). Even my scar looks more compact...
  5. D

    TKR Two surgeries in 48 hours<

    Taking this week off completely from physical therapy. Going to measure my knee/leg and then again on Sunday, so I can show them the difference in the swelling. They are working me harder than my knee can take, I am sure of it now. I am just so tired. It will be good to rest.
  6. D

    TKR Two surgeries in 48 hours<

    1.Pain level is at 4 2. No prescriptions pain meds now. Take two 200mg Advil and 2 500mg Tylenol twice a day. 3. No pic to attach, but it is at picture one. Better when elevated and iced. 4. ROM 118, extension is 0 to -2 5. Three times a day for 45 minutes at a time. 6. Evening only and...
  7. D

    TKR Two surgeries in 48 hours<

    Of course! It is most welcome!
  8. D

    TKR Two surgeries in 48 hours<

    This is not the original physical therapist that I was seeing. New group. But apparently same mentality.
  9. D

    TKR Two surgeries in 48 hours<

    I have found that taking what works for me is what seems to work best. Walking is not my enemy at the moment, but distance is. However, pushing the weighted sled (the ones like the football players use) is my enemy for more than one reason and I am not doing that exercise any longer. And...
  10. D

    TKR Two surgeries in 48 hours<

    Now almost three months out. Back to work a month ago. Working is great for me mentally, physically it is still challenging, but I have a desk job. Sometimes that is good and others not so good. Still have a good deal of swelling and PT has escalated to a point that I am thinking of quitting...
  11. D

    TKR Two surgeries in 48 hours<

    Things have been up and down. Things I am learning. The depression part is very real. The pain part is very real. Trying to relax and let my body heal is one of the hardest things. Physical therapist tries to push pretty hard but as I told him I have to ice and take pain meds every time after...
  12. D

    TKR Two surgeries in 48 hours<

    My TKR went well with minimal pain until they tried to take the drain out. Had a wonderful nurse who got it out so far but then the pain began. She wanted the surgeon to get it out the next morning since it was causing so much pain. My surgeon came in and he tried. No luck. He felt like it was...
  13. D

    June 11 left TKR

    Me too! June 11th must be a pretty special day! I will be so happy to get this "party" started, but I have to admit, I am a little scared also.
  14. D

    2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Hi all! My name is Denise. My surgery date is June 11 in Lexington, Ky. I am having a total knee replacement on the left knee. I am excited to start living pain free and getting back to the gym! Glad to meet you all!
Back
Top Bottom