Recent content by Deknees

  1. D

    TKR Still can’t get comfortable at night

    Update: sleep a bit improved with the Pregabalin, but still have nights of restless legs and little sleep. Major pains and weakness are in my ankle on TKR leg, and pain on outside of calf below the knee on my other leg. This is when I find myself thinking, Remind me, why did I have this...
  2. D

    TKR Still can’t get comfortable at night

    Thanks so much for your concern. I had a video consultation with a sleep disorder consultant. She advised my GP to prescribe Pregabalin for the RLS. She said I’d gone seven weeks with basically no specific help for the restless legs and insomnia and wasn’t surprised at how low and deranged I...
  3. D

    TKR Still can’t get comfortable at night

    Many thanks for your response.
  4. D

    TKR Still can’t get comfortable at night

    The ongoing sleep deprivation is very much connected to discomfort and aches in operated leg but biggest issue is restless leg. I suffered from this episodically prior to surgery but since the op the restlessness and almost constant impulse to move, tense, fidget that leg means it mostly...
  5. D

    TKR Still can’t get comfortable at night

    Thanks so much for your reply. Each time I feel overwhelmed by the physical challenge which has a knock on effect on the mental challenge the more exhausted I become from sleep deprivation, if I remember to look at this site I become that bit more relaxed when I remember that what I am feeling...
  6. D

    TKR Still can’t get comfortable at night

    I had my TKR six weeks ago and my biggest challenge is finding a comfortable position for sleeping. I’m a poor sleeper at the best of times but the sleep deprivation I’m experiencing is very hard to bear. I still average two to three hours maximum a night. I can find no resting place for my...
  7. D

    TKR Still can’t get comfortable at night

    I had knee surgery on March 26th. I‘m at nearly 6 weeks since the op. Whilst my knee is healing as it should my biggest challenge is sleeplessness coupled with restless legs. I have always been a pooor sleeper and have had restless legs occasionally causing the insomnia. But since the knee...
Back
Top Bottom