Recent content by DebbieR

  1. DebbieR

    PKR Pending Conformis Left PKR

    @momkellz It's been exactly 5 months since my Conformis iTotal right knee surgery. I'm very happy with it. Yes, I can kneel, but so far I've only done so on carpeting, but I can do it, and it doesn't hurt!
  2. DebbieR

    PKR Pending Conformis Left PKR

    @momkellz - I've never heard of them lasting only 9 years! The number my doctor gave me was an expected 25 years! You said you were having a partial, but I imagine the pain after surgery will be similar. The rehab is also painful, but if you take your prescription meds on time as instructed and...
  3. DebbieR

    PKR Pending Conformis Left PKR

    I had the Conformis Total Right Knee on Jan 8, 2014. I was just on a European tour from May 11-May 25 with LOTS of walking every day and my new knee held up great! I'm very happy with it, it feels really strong. Based on what my ortho surgeon explained to me about how the Conformis fits...
  4. DebbieR

    10 weeks after Conformis iTotal RTKR

    @Mbone Yes, there is a lot of pain in the beginning... take your pain meds on schedule, use ice & elevate your leg. Hang in there, you're very early on, it may not seem like it now, but it will get better. Have you started physical therapy yet? Work hard at therapy as instructed by your PT...
  5. DebbieR

    10 weeks after Conformis iTotal RTKR

    @Tykey Yes we use the term, bucket list! Mine includes seeing London & Paris which we are doing for a few days before catching our cruise out of Southampton to cruise the Norwegian Fjords. We love cruising, as well as other types of travel, but cruising is very relaxing. You can do as much, or...
  6. DebbieR

    10 weeks after Conformis iTotal RTKR

    @Mbone Good luck with your surgery!
  7. DebbieR

    10 weeks after Conformis iTotal RTKR

    @Josephine - yes, of course it's not a deal breaker, and yes an excellent surgeon is most important. But, as I said in a previous post, this was an overview of my experience with this knee implant, never meaning to imply it's the only or best choice. It happened to be an option for me and I took...
  8. DebbieR

    10 weeks after Conformis iTotal RTKR

    @icep707 - I think that's half the battle...faith in your surgeon. I felt very confident in mine too and he has a wonderful reputation. Good luck to you!
  9. DebbieR

    10 weeks after Conformis iTotal RTKR

    @Tykey - yes, you're right... many people have great outcomes with other knee implants and I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I only meant to give an overview about my own experience with this particular knee. Not everyone is a candidate for it anyway, but for me it was great! And I still...
  10. DebbieR

    10 weeks after Conformis iTotal RTKR

    @icep707 - Thank you! Do you also have the Conformis iTotal? Keep up the good work, you'll get there! @Jamie - Thanks for the welcome! Oh, believe me, I've looked at all of these links since my knee surgery and found lots of help and great advice. I've also passed this forum on to friends in...
  11. DebbieR

    10 weeks after Conformis iTotal RTKR

    Hi all - new to the site as far as posting, but I have been reading the forum since the second week after my Jan 8, 2014 Right TKR surgery. Happy to have found it too, very helpful when getting through the early weeks. I thought I would post my story in hopes of maybe helping someone else with...
Back
Top Bottom