Recent content by Debbie S

  1. D

    TKR Pain on my kneecap

    Hi again - I am now 12 weeks post op for a tkr on my left knee that was a revision since my partial I had done 12 months ago failed. Everything is going great BUT I still can’t go down stairs (up is fine). It doesn’t hurt really, I think maybe I don’t have the leg strength yet maybe. Any...
  2. D

    TKR Pain on my kneecap

    Thanks for your note. I’m at 11 weeks and doing pretty well. I still feel a lot of stiffness and sometimes muscle and ligament pain. I have a lot of popping in my knee, like a WHOLE LOT. the popping doesn’t hurt but it feels weird and is annoying. I also have popping behind my knee in just one...
  3. D

    TKR Pain on my kneecap

    Left knee
  4. D

    TKR Pain on my kneecap

    I had PKR on Dec 7. 2021. I continued having pain all summer even after all the PT and recovery. I finally went back to the doctor late September, X-ray indicated possible loosening, bone scan confirmed it. Back to surgery on October 7 for a FULL replacement <sigh>. I’m at 7 weeks now and it’s...
  5. D

    TKR Pain on my kneecap

    I am 16 weeks post-op (Dec 3, 2021) and am doing well I think. I’m biking regularly and doing light weight resistance exercises and walking. But on some days, my lower leg (shin area) and behind me knee on the back of my leg feels SO bruised I’m limping. Any thoughts as to why? I see my doc...
  6. D

    TKR Pain on my kneecap

    Thanks for all the input about my ROM, PT and swelling pain. I have one more related question. I’m pushing myself pretty hard because both the doc and the PT keep warning me about scar tissue healing before ROM is reached. In that case, they say they’ll have to put me under and manually bend the...
  7. D

    TKR Pain on my kneecap

    I had medial pkr
  8. D

    TKR Pain on my kneecap

    My surgery date was Dec 3. Thanks for merging my posts!
  9. D

    TKR Pain on my kneecap

    I’m 6 weeks post op now and working on ROM. I’m up to 110 unassisted and 121 assisted. After PT, me knee feels good for awhile ( since it’s all loosened up I guess). But then it’s terribly sore. How do I work through the soreness? Should I do more exercises the next day when it’s still sore or...
  10. D

    TKR Pain on my kneecap

    Good idea! I’ll give that a try! Do you recall How long that sensation lasted? It’s very annoying!
  11. D

    TKR Pain on my kneecap

    I’m 3 weeks post op. I has staples removed at 10 days. I no longer have any bandages on my incisions … even the butterfly bandages have fallen off. I’ve started noticing the last couple of nights that it’s uncomfortable for the sheets or blankets to touch my incision. It does t really hurt per...
  12. D

    TKR Pain on my kneecap

    <sigh> ok thank you. I was completely unprepared for the post op experience. I wish I’d found this forum pre-op but at least now I feel like there is a community of people out there like me
  13. D

    TKR Pain on my kneecap

    I’m new to the group (just found it today!). I am 55 and had partial replacement 3 weeks ago. I have been on torodol for the last 7 days but I am starting to “save” the few pills I have left for PT days. What else should I be taking (and dosage)? My knee hurts constantly so I’m obviously not...
Back
Top Bottom