Recent content by davidmoran

  1. D

    TKR More on phantom pain --- prognosis?

    Here is an update, perhaps in a suboptimal thread location, but just to emphasize what everyone says and has posted about time passing. The PTs/NP/PA crowd were right, sharp memory pain will pass, and it did pass, and who knows, stuff happens. And the experts and lay types here (and the surgeon)...
  2. D

    TKR More on phantom pain --- prognosis?

    Thank you all for these comments and links, some of which I had already consulted. The remarks about time passing are spot-on and something all good PTs know. Healing and willpower are not remotely the same thing. I myself also know that you can do okay without much PT, though with my scarring...
  3. D

    TKR More on phantom pain --- prognosis?

    With TK 2 at week 6 I am having intermittent and random pain that is similar to but severer than preop pain, and in the same locations: medial and lateral bone-bone, and subpatellar. It is stabbing and sleep-waking and also sometimes even kneebuckling. There is no mechanical reason for it, as...
  4. D

    Direct Superior Approach

    I have just done my second direct superior hip replacement (the first was 3y ago) and can hardly recommend it strongly enough, at least in the hands of DWard at NEBH Boston. Zero precautions and straightforward, fairly quick recovery, with the usual major ('why did I do this?') discomforts for...
Back
Top Bottom