Recent content by danabanana

  1. danabanana

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    It was. He also said I'm really "bendy"...Cuz that's a legit term for someone that is double jointed.*insert more eye rolling here*
  2. danabanana

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Saw this other surgeon today and he agrees there is nerve damage...likely from the surgery itself being complicated or the LLD...maybe both...and suggested I download an App to learn how to meditate. *insert eye rolling here* 1hr 22mins of my life I'll never get back. That all being said, Neuro...
  3. danabanana

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Hi Everyone, This journey has felt endless. So much has gone on in the last few months. Long and short, I'm seeing another surgeon on Jan 14....I also had a MRI of my back recently that showed a buldging disc between L5 and L4 so I have a referral sent to a Neuro surgeon to discuss this and get...
  4. danabanana

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Just popping in to post this picture of Reiya as proof that she can be grumpy. Hahaha Also, I see my surgeon on Oct. 9th. Figures crossed we have a solid decision or game plan moving forward. Hugs to you all!!!
  5. danabanana

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Hi my Hip friends. I'm so sorry I've been MIA. Ive missed you all!!! My health took a bad turn and because of my AI issues it began a ripple effect of flares. Hospital stay due to a severe Crohns flare, off meds, trouble restarting meds, horrible chest cold, off meds, trouble restarting, then...
  6. danabanana

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Thank you all for all the loves and support. Had my xray today so all set for Thursday. Cant come soon enough because this pain is just driving me crazy!!! Been very busy the past few weeks with family visiting and hubby's and stepsons birthdays back to back. Tomorrow is a rest and relax day as...
  7. danabanana

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Thanks ladies. I've been trucking along despite it but even my pt said yesterday this is, even for my case, unusual and concerning.
  8. danabanana

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    So, another update. I'm getting another xray next week and seeing a surgeon on the 14th for a second opinion. The mid thigh pain has increased and there's a largeish lump, no bruising, but its tender and my thigh aches all the time. So we shall see.
  9. danabanana

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    @BeBe I had one injection and I didnt react well with it. I had a rebound effect and more pain. It was awful. Dr said no more of those. So pool rehab is still the best bet. I do see my physio therapist on Monday to see if there's more we can do. Lifted shoes and flip flops are good. I'm still...
  10. danabanana

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Completely familiar....hip twins!!!! My bursitis is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!
  11. danabanana

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Little check in. Making some waves (haha) in pool rehab. So soothing and feels great to work on some range of motion. Gotta say though, because the entire pool floor is on a lift, you stand at the the centre where there is a double railing the length for walking, hanging on while the pool...
  12. danabanana

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Hi my favorite peeps!!! Just checking in. Had a great week with my Mama. Got lots of baby time in as well. I was feeling under the weather this weekend thanks to Ms Unhipster Hip protesting after the week of my refusing to let it limit me....so yes, I was naughty and definitely overdid things...
  13. danabanana

    Core Decompression Pain returned 4 weeks after surgery

    Hi @Raymang I'm sorry you're having more pain right now. I had Core Decompression nov 2017 and it was very painful, for a few months! You can read my story on the link below. Glad you're coming to contact your Surgeon. Although the CD didnt end up working in my case, there are those that it does.
  14. danabanana

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    A quick pop in to share this pic of my Mama with Reiya. My Mama almost melted. ❤
  15. danabanana

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    My "Baby" boy Zach is 19 today. For his birthday, hubby is making a boys weekend trip with himself, Zach, and my other Son who's 21, to Vancouver. I can only imagine (or maybe I dont want to imagine haha) the mischief they will get into. I'm hitching a ride with them to go to my Mom's and then...
Back
Top Bottom