Recent content by DAJ

  1. DAJ

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    Well done on your spirit and faith to keep positive. .. so pleased to know youll soon be good as new!! You're an inspiration⭐ and wishing you a speedy return home and a pain free future
  2. DAJ

    TKR Pain in my TKR done in 2013 . Revision?

    Happy Easter to one and all.
  3. DAJ

    TKR Pain in my TKR done in 2013 . Revision?

    I am British overseas citizen @Josephine born in a British Protectorate
  4. DAJ

    TKR Pain in my TKR done in 2013 . Revision?

    @Celle yes I understand that, I'm in the process of getting Brit citizenship. Life is never simple especially when you have a bad knee replacement . I lived in Switzerland for a few years and they consider the Italian system absurd. They also picked up my genetic heart condition completely...
  5. DAJ

    TKR Pain in my TKR done in 2013 . Revision?

    to answer your valid questions I've found a revisionist in Milan to call once I have my scan. Every surgeon in Italy works within the state system of hospitals for operations No one in Italy pays for operations, except the stinking rich in private hospitals. What you can pay for is consultations...
  6. DAJ

    TKR Pain in my TKR done in 2013 . Revision?

    @Josephine thanks and that may happen. I'm getting increasingly tired of this life and if I can manage get some money out of my property I hope to get Old in UK.
  7. DAJ

    TKR Pain in my TKR done in 2013 . Revision?

    @Celle that is precisely the job of a Legal doctor in Italy . My cost would be only the consultation and since I am unemployed the state would have to bear the cost of the revision. I cannot possibly pay for that privately .
  8. DAJ

    TKR Pain in my TKR done in 2013 . Revision?

    @KarriB because I felt so uncomfortable right from the start in hospital, I ordered my complete clinical file. Which tables every single action and drug admistration of the operation and hospital stay. I hope to take this to the Legal doctor. At the very least I should be put right by a...
  9. DAJ

    TKR Pain in my TKR done in 2013 . Revision?

    @Celle thank-you so much for your comment and for reading my back story. I had tried to forget how horrendous being in hospital in Italy really was, I nearly went out of my mind. I had set it all aside and got on with my life. Suffice to say I won't be allowing my OS to touch me again I would...
  10. DAJ

    TKR Pain in my TKR done in 2013 . Revision?

    Thanks, no I haven't seen a revisions specialist nor my surgeon yet. I went for a regular visit to an orthopedic in the hospital. Who told me to go back to my OS and to go for the Nuclear scan. In the state system you get whoever is on duty. In order to see your original surgeon you have to...
  11. DAJ

    TKR Pain in my TKR done in 2013 . Revision?

    Thanks everyone, has anyone had a Nuclear scan before? The instructions say afterwards I should avoid being near children and pregnant women for a week or so as I'll be radioactive !!!! In Italian it's called Scintagrafia. I would like to talk to someone on the forum who has actually had a...
  12. DAJ

    TKR Pain in my TKR done in 2013 . Revision?

    Thank you got the advice I have found one revision specialist attached to a medical legal practice where I intend to ask for advice on compensation or at least to be evaluated properly after my scan comes back. I will have to pay privately for this and I don't have the funds. The person. Who did...
  13. DAJ

    TKR Pain in my TKR done in 2013 . Revision?

    How do you find a revision specialist? The operation was carried out in an Italian hospital via my state medical card. I'm considering speaking to a Legal Doctor Who specialises in bringing damage cases.
  14. DAJ

    TKR Pain in my TKR done in 2013 . Revision?

    My TKR done in October 2013 is giving Me pain and is aching constantly it's now painful on walking. it's never been completely right. The patella has never smoothly moved. I could never do straight leg raises with that knee, because it had to click into place. I went back to see my surgeon for...
Back
Top Bottom