Recent content by Dab2022

  1. D

    THR Burning pain above knee

    Still numb. 4 months from surgery. The thigh is still numb as before. More tingling going on now and added burning. I'm worried since the numbness is not improving. It starts at knee and goes up to hip. Mostly on side and top of thigh.i could really use some advice and encouragement. Thanks.
  2. D

    THR Burning pain above knee

    Thank you! I appreciate your positive response.
  3. D

    THR Burning pain above knee

    I'm still having thigh numbness from my knee up to the top of my thigh. No improvement over the past 2 months. I am 3 months into recovery. Now there is uncomfortable burning on my lower thigh side. Did I over exercise? Or is something else going on? I still have some mild swelling. No hip pain...
  4. D

    THR Burning pain above knee

    Does anyone know any IT band exercises I might try? I'm 6 weeks into recovery. The nerve pain symptoms seem to be IT band symptoms.
  5. D

    THR Burning pain above knee

    My outer thigh is still numb and burning. The burning is still quite intense. I'm worried this is not going to get better. I know numbness is common but the burning nerve pain is distressing.
  6. D

    THR Burning pain above knee

    Has anyone used Icyhot or Bengay with lidocaine on thigh for nerve pain? I'm in week 4 of THR. The burning nerve pain is fairly intense. Elevating and icing aren't helping much. I want to try the Icyhot, but not on incision site, just on thigh and above the knee.
  7. D

    THR Burning pain above knee

    I'm taking it easy in PT. I am doing just some gait work, minimal strength building, and balance work. My therapist is very gentle. She also is massaging my thigh and my neck. My thigh feels better since resting it. It still burns, but it's not as bad. I'm taking Tylenol in the morning and...
  8. D

    THR Burning pain above knee

    Thank you, everyone, for the encouragement and advice. I take celebrex (prescribed) and started Tylenol again. I also take 1- 100mg of Gabapentin 2 hours before bedtime. I couldn't take opioids because they made me super nauseous and dizzy. Even zophren didn't help. I'm getting around with my...
  9. D

    THR Burning pain above knee

    I have a burning pain mostly just above my knee and in outer thigh. Does anyone know if light massage with a rolling pin would be beneficial? Is this pain normal? I am not on pain meds. I'm icing and elevating some. I'm almost at 4 weeks into recovery of anterior left total hip replacement.
  10. D

    THR Burning pain above knee

    Thanks for the feedback and guidelines. My surgery date is October 25, 2022. Left hip. Anterior.
  11. D

    THR Burning pain above knee

    Day 1: Anterior total hip replacement was performed in hospital. The surgery went smoothly. My biggest worry was getting the IV placed in my hand. No problem. I had a 3" incision stapled shut. Spinal anesthesia. Due to having benign positional vertigo ( inner ear balance issue) I awoke a bit...
Back
Top Bottom