Recent content by D2ens5

  1. D

    TKR 8 week recovery and MUS

    Well went to OS on December 29th, Flexion was at 105, and extension 5. He did not bring up MUA and said continue physical therapy at 2 times per week. Said he does not need to see me for a year unless I have a problem. Which all was good news.
  2. D

    TKR 8 week recovery and MUS

    thank you for the above response, it sounds just like what I am going through. I really don't want to go through MUA as recommended by OS. This give me hope
  3. D

    TKR 8 week recovery and MUS

    I had TKR on my left knee October 11, 2023. This knee has not been as painful a recovery as my right knee which was done in October 2018. However I have considerable stiffness and swelling just like the Right knee. So I will get to the point I had by 8 week check up with the surgeon , and he...
  4. D

    2023 October Feisties’ - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Scheduled for left knee TKR 10-11-2003
  5. D

    TKR Rick's Recovery Thread<

    Hello everybody, well I just got back from PT this afternoon. This was my third session for the week. It was going pretty good until today when the therapist did push and manipulate the knee a little more aggressively than normal. It hurt and the knee is slightly more swollen than it has...
  6. D

    TKR Rick's Recovery Thread<

    Well I had PT yesterday. I think it went pretty well. He added several exercises and told me only to do the exercises to mild discomfort and not pain. He was not concerned about ROM, said it will come he didn't measure them and just said it looks like your bend is better than last week. I...
  7. D

    TKR Rick's Recovery Thread<

    Just an update. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow that I underwent RTKR. I am making progress in the fact that the swelling has come down somewhat, still swollen but I am icing religiously especially after activity. Have been doing the home PT exercises that were given to me, and I'm only doing...
  8. D

    TKR Rick's Recovery Thread<

    Hello all, just a brief update on my recovery' Its been two weeks since RTKR and I had my first out patient PT yesterday. . Physical Therapist measured by flexion at 65 and extension at 3. I was concerned the the flexion was not very good but he said everyone is different and it ill get...
  9. D

    TKR Rick's Recovery Thread<

    Thanks Mopa for your thoughts, I am on Xarelto for Afib, and the bruising and swelling has been slow to calm down. Its good to know someone is out there with similar circumstances. I will just be patient with the sleep, Im sure it will come as time progresses. I will try the music with my...
  10. D

    TKR Rick's Recovery Thread<

    Thanks will do,
  11. D

    TKR Rick's Recovery Thread<

    Thanks all made it through the night, and read the link that Sussieshoes attached in her message. Very helpful article and it is nice to know that many of the TKR veterans have experienced the same things I am going through now.
  12. D

    TKR Rick's Recovery Thread<

    just an update on my recovery 10 days since RTKR. During the day it has been less painful and the swelling seems to be coming down with the exception of the ankle on the operated leg. Bruising is still very evident throughout the leg especially on the inside of the thigh and back of knee. Well...
  13. D

    TKR Rick's Recovery Thread<

    Thank you for the advice. I did cancel my PT for tomorrow but rescheduled for next Tuesday, told them I only want to do gentle exercise and no pain. They seemed ok with it. Rough night last night after such a good day yesterday. Had a lot of pain around knee. It was a different kind of...
  14. D

    TKR Rick's Recovery Thread<

    1. pain level when resting about 4, when standing around a 7 2. oxycodone 5mg 1 tablet every 4 hours. 2 tablets at bedtime acetaminophen 325 mg tabs 2 tabs every 6 hours 3. Moderate 4. In hospital flexion 62, extension 5 5. icing all day 20-30 minutes on 20-30minutes off, 6. Elevating...
  15. D

    TKR Rick's Recovery Thread<

    Hello everyone, Today is 1 week post op. The last two days have definitely been the worse. Sunday evening I was instructed to remove the bandage and leave it uncovered and shower if I wanted to. I did make an attempt to shower but it was extremely difficult. Could not get the operated leg...
Back
Top Bottom