Recent content by cyclrmom

  1. cyclrmom

    THR cyclrmom's recovery thread

    I have a weighted blanket and started using it and seems like the weight part might be bothering my hip alittle. Wake up and it feels achy but not sure why it would bother it. Any thoughts. It's tough your mind feels so much better with less pain and I need to get out and walk more..but go to...
  2. cyclrmom

    THR cyclrmom's recovery thread

    I didn't get a full massage it was only the area around the incision that the physical therapist was working, kneading to loosen up areas and also decrease sensitivity he said.
  3. cyclrmom

    THR cyclrmom's recovery thread

    Wow thanks for all the replys! It was my RIGHT hip. It was a congenital thing, that leg was slightly shorter when I was born. I had a great sexy walk with that hip swing but my joint paid the price. I was bone on bone and didn't realize it because I could "float" that right leg when it got...
  4. cyclrmom

    THR cyclrmom's recovery thread

    So I had my first PT today after my evaluation visit 4 days ago. I had no idea my incision and muscle area was so tender. I have partial numbness on the outside so thought I wouldn't feel much. Omg. When he started massaging, working that area it was very painful.
  5. cyclrmom

    THR cyclrmom's recovery thread

    Has anyone else has seizing, shaking sensations in their thigh on the surgery side. Is interrupting my sleep, like every 4-5 min. The leg -Thigh tightens then released with a shaking feeling? So weird. Worried about throwing a clot. ice definitely helps, but I need sleep now.
  6. cyclrmom

    THR cyclrmom's recovery thread

    I may have overdone today.now my hip implant thigh won't stop going into this seizing sensation and shaking. It's uncomfortable and I'm worried something is wrong. Anyone else experience this? Almost like the start of a leg cramp.
  7. cyclrmom

    THR cyclrmom's recovery thread

    So here I am at 21 days post op and able to drive a little and used mostly cane today. My doctor wasn't big on compression socks but my knee was aching. This was bothering me since I could finally walk with no hip pain but my knee was throbing. The compression socks helped keep that wound...
  8. cyclrmom

    THR cyclrmom's recovery thread

    hi I'm Donna, I had anterior approach hip replacement surgery Jan. 16,2019. So I'm new month, New year, where do I go?
  9. cyclrmom

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    My surgery January 16, 2019. I was thinking 3-4 in scar but this is definitely bigger.
Back
Top Bottom