Recent content by CyclistTampa

  1. CyclistTampa

    TKR Return to work

    I’m at week 12 post TKR. I’m finding myself taking ibuprofen 800 mg and Iceing this morning after a 12 hr day on my feet and 5500 steps( yup work in health care). I have worked very hard at PT, neurosomatic massage specialist and gym to strengthen and increase my range of motion. I’m still not...
  2. CyclistTampa

    TKR Nov 3, 2021

    At day 33 post RTKR… our patient PT 3x week, 3 day at home , with a walk…7 th day stretch n rest. Just switched to a cane from the walker… keeping walker on reserve for longer endurance walks up to 1000 steps! Noticed a “shin splint” feeling post walk that goes away. NOT taking my dog…he would...
  3. CyclistTampa

    TKR Nov 3, 2021

    I have a new friend today! A sugar cane! 30 days post TKR! So excited!!
  4. CyclistTampa

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    Hang in there! This is a process… no matter if in great physical shape as an athlete or obese and not to great shape! Ice, ice and elevate! Take those pain pills and ask for more. Good move on calling MD on elevated temp.
  5. CyclistTampa

    TKR New TKR BoneSmart Member

    I too had a RTKR on 11/3… took a walk today for 745 steps with my walker of course. Last night first night slept solid… nit up 2 or 3 times from pain. Rollercoaster ride for sure! Still little appetite… on ibuprofen 800 3times daily… Percocet 1/2 tab post activity. Resting, elevating and Iceing.
  6. CyclistTampa

    TKR Nov 3, 2021

    Day 27: Not ready for my bikes yet… did pedal somewhat on the recombinant in PT yesterday and managed 6x 360 backwards ! Also had a safety belt and used a cane for about 100 feet. Loved the temporary independence from my walker! Baby steps
  7. CyclistTampa

    TKR Nov 3, 2021

    25 days post op TKR right knee. I Expected WAY more out of myself… Start OP PT tomorrow 3x a week, neuromuscular massage 1 day a week and trying to figure out how to get in the pool to start walking without this walker! Any ideas?
Back
Top Bottom