Recent content by cyclist2025

  1. C

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Displaced Complete Femoral Neck Fracture

    Thanks @bonesbonesbones for the comment. Do you remember when they said they started to see bone growth? 3 weeks out, 6 weeks, 9 weeks, 12 weeks That AVN risk is aweful. Are you doing any activities now like cycling?
  2. C

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Displaced Complete Femoral Neck Fracture

    Thank you everyone. I appreciate all of your comments. They are very helpful to me. I like the data being provided and the encouragement from everyone. I continue to read them as they are posted. I want to return to pre-injury exercise activities, which are quite demanding. (Good to hear...
  3. C

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Displaced Complete Femoral Neck Fracture

    3 weeks and 2 Days out of surgery. There are no signs of healing yet but screws look ok. Physician is not worried. Next appointment is in 6 more weeks. Has anyone experienced this?
  4. C

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Displaced Complete Femoral Neck Fracture

    Thanks as always to all members commenting. Know that your comments give me hope.
  5. C

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Displaced Complete Femoral Neck Fracture

    I have tried to avoid painkillers after 1.5 weeks. I may start taking Tylenol again. Perhaps it is PT. I don’t think I am putting too much weight on the leg. I am trying to follow the protocol. I just worry that the groin pain is indicative of bad healing or AVN.
  6. C

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Displaced Complete Femoral Neck Fracture

    Any comments would be appreciated. Please help me.
  7. C

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Displaced Complete Femoral Neck Fracture

    Adding date. I broke my right hip on 12/15/24. Complete displaced fracture of femoral neck. Ache moves around groin and down quad to knee. TTWB 3 Screws in Hip Worried and that ache is concerning
  8. C

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I had a bicycle accident that I do not remember. I had emergency surgery on my hip 12 hours later. I have three pins from a displaced complete femoral neck fracture. I fear that all this recovery for what I fear will end up requiring a replacement. The most frustrating thing is I have a...
  9. C

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Displaced Complete Femoral Neck Fracture

    Hello to all that are willing to read this and comment. I am grateful for anyone who thinks they can help. I am still in shock that this happened. I am having a very rough time coping with this. To summarize, I am just under 50 years old and I am an extremely active person who needs to get...
Back
Top Bottom