Recent content by CT-Mike

  1. C

    TKR Dr Mirkin Recants RICE

    Had my two week follow up on Thursday, the Doc said he was surprised at the large amount of scar tissue. He said they performed electric ablation to remove the tissue and minimize the chance of it coming back.
  2. C

    TKR Dr Mirkin Recants RICE

    Well I had the roto-rooter surgery on 14JUL, and after a couple days recovery I noticed less pain, my ROM is much better, and the joint just seems like it is smoother. Started PT this week (same therapist as previously), and she made similar comments. Post-op is this coming Thursday -...
  3. C

    TKR Dr Mirkin Recants RICE

    Mods, if this isn’t the right forum please move to the correct one. So Dr Gabe Mirkin is the physician who coined the term RICE back in 1978. It seems he recanted his position back in 2015: https://www.drmirkin.com/fitness/why-ice-delays-recovery.html I know Bonesmart and my OS recommend...
  4. C

    TKR Dr Mirkin Recants RICE

    Got home from surgery a short while ago. I didn’t see the doctor after so I didn’t get much information on what he found/did. I guess I’ll get that information at my follow-up. I‘m sincerely going this goes a long way to free up my ROM.
  5. C

    TKR Dr Mirkin Recants RICE

    I am 27 weeks post-op, and still having a lot of muscle pain behind the knee, both above and below the joint. The PA prescribed Robaxin to help with the pain. Still having quite a bit of pain in the joint itself as well. Additionally my ROM is now about 90 degrees with no pain, can get to 115 -...
  6. C

    TKR Dr Mirkin Recants RICE

    I am currently 22+ weeks post-op and still having a lot of muscular pain. My hamstring right above the knee (so backside just above knee) is killing me. Feels like a severely pulled hamstring that doesn’t seem to be getting better. I asked my surgeon‘s PA about it at my last last check-up and he...
  7. C

    TKR Dr Mirkin Recants RICE

    I am using the ice machine religiously - that thing has become my new best friend. At PT this morning I was told they were able to achieve 120 degrees ROM during the MUA yesterday.
  8. C

    TKR Dr Mirkin Recants RICE

    While getting out of the shower just now, I noticed this egg on the outside of the knee. Doesn’t really hurt when I push on it - assume it is just some fluid that got displaced during the manipulation? Still don’t have much pain to speak, and the joint feels a little freer overall. Will see...
  9. C

    TKR Dr Mirkin Recants RICE

    Had the MUA this morning, feeling pretty decent so far. More pain than prior to, but not as bad as I was expecting. Doesn’t really look like it has swollen up much either. Currently sitting with it elevated and using the ice machine.
  10. C

    TKR Dr Mirkin Recants RICE

    Had my 12 week post-op visit on Thursday with the surgeon. I am still stuck at 90 degrees ROM so a MUA is scheduled for Tuesday. I debated back and forth about doing, but it seems I’m not making progress and hoping this will give me a breakthrough.
  11. C

    TKR Dr Mirkin Recants RICE

    Today is 12 weeks post-op. Still have quite a bit more pain than I expected by this point. Additionally, when I am doing sit-stretches, when I straighten the leg I get pulsating pain on the backside of my calf. It goes away pretty quickly. Anyone experience anything similar?
  12. C

    TKR Dr Mirkin Recants RICE

    Had PT this morning followed by 8 week post-op with the surgeon today. ROM was 90 degrees, and 0 degree extension. He was happy with that and MUA is no longer on the table - which I wasn’t going to agree to anyhow.
  13. C

    TKR Happy Camper

    No, it stands for Connecticut where I spent most of my career on subs - was a Nuke Electronics Tech. We carried the CTs around a bunch though depending on where we were and what we were doing.
  14. C

    TKR Happy Camper

    Congrats on your surgery from one Old Goat to another. Surface or Subs?
  15. C

    TKR Dr Mirkin Recants RICE

    To clarify, the PT wasn’t applying over pressure, I was doing it with a strap to ensure I wasn’t pushed past what I was comfortable with.
Back
Top Bottom