Recent content by csforrester99

  1. C

    Knee Infection* LATE Chronic infection, 4 years after TKR

    UPDATE: 4/8/25 UPDATE: Tkr 12/2020, revision 1/16/25, due to infection. Weight bearing knee immbolizer 10 days, hospital stay 5 days, picc line- Vancomycin IV and Ceftriaxone IV for 6 weeks. Only able to complete 3.5 weeks- due to severe deadly reaction to vancomycin sent to ER, in hosp 7 days...
  2. C

    Knee Infection* LATE Chronic infection, 4 years after TKR

    Thanks @Layla. I am going into my 4th week of PT, 11 sessions to date. I was a month out on PT from surgery first 10 days was in an immbolizer then, off to the hospital for 7 days because of the IV antibiotic reaction. PT is going ok. My knee is stiff and does hurt. I can't take...
  3. C

    TKR Celebrex after knee replacement?

    Celebrex is a life saver for me.
  4. C

    Knee Infection* LATE Chronic infection, 4 years after TKR

    Thanks ya'll. Yes, I am very concerned about the rock and the hard place I am in, in regards to infection, and antibiotics. I looked up several case reviews regarding infusion timeline, oral timeline and outcomes of infection for no antibiotics vs 6 weeks, etc. It has been interesting. But...
  5. C

    Knee Infection* LATE Chronic infection, 4 years after TKR

    I got out of the hospital 2/17, seven days in the hospital. The docs came to the conclusion I have DRESS Syndrome from the IV antibiotic vancomycin. The whole reaction, was quite frightening. They first indicated Steven Johnson Syndrome then switched to DRESS. Infectious Disease convinced me...
  6. C

    Knee Infection* LATE Chronic infection, 4 years after TKR

    I had my knee revision surgery for an infection, 1/16/25. I began an antibiotic infusions regime of Vancomycin and Ceftriaxone, to run thru 3/2/25. I suffered an extreme reaction to one of the antibiotics. My Infectious Disease doc sent me to ER, 2/10. It started with a faint rash on my arm on...
  7. C

    Knee Infection* LATE Chronic infection, 4 years after TKR

    Surgery Update: Surgery Update- Had knee revision surgery for an PJI January 16th. My original rtkr was 12/29/2020. I shared my previous history, symptoms, etc., in earlier posts on this page leading up to this surgery, if you need background. Surgery went well. Got Picc line. Surgeon said...
  8. C

    Knee Infection* LATE Chronic infection, 4 years after TKR

    They called at 11 a.m. Thursday and gave a 5 a.m. check-in, then called back at 1:30 and canceled the surgery. We live in GA, north of Atlanta and things shut down due to snow and ice. The "one," day in 7 years- we receive snow... is the day I was supposed to have surgery.
  9. C

    THR 1 year post THR with femoral osteotomy - range of motion issues

    I will add, they thought femoral nerve disfunction.
  10. C

    THR 1 year post THR with femoral osteotomy - range of motion issues

    I am so sorry. I have something similar going on, but mine is my knee- after TKR in 2020. I am having a revision 1/2025. But, am having surgery due to an infection now determined. Two stage surgery coming my way. My knee has been so much worse after surgery. I regretted it. I went through...
  11. C

    Knee Infection* LATE Chronic infection, 4 years after TKR

    Good luck on your revision! Did you have an infection?
  12. C

    Knee Infection* LATE Chronic infection, 4 years after TKR

    @EalingGran, thank you. I will have two stage surgery. And, they will connect me with an infectection Doctor, who will work with me on the antibiotics. @WFD the three cultures taken from 2023, to 2024- synovial fluid aspirations... none have grown any bacteria. So, I am hoping when they take...
  13. C

    Knee Infection* LATE Chronic infection, 4 years after TKR

    Hi Bonesmart, my first aspiration by original surgeon was April 23, 2023. Second aspiration by new ortho September 18, 2024, 3rd aspiration - October 8, 2024. Thread name: LATE Chronic infection, 4 years after TKR
  14. C

    Knee Infection* LATE Chronic infection, 4 years after TKR

    @Jday, I realize it's been several months since your last post, but looking for an update if you receive this tag. I am facing some issues- chronic late stage infection, RTKR was 12.2020. Aspirated in April 23' by original surgeon after my knee blew up, red, could not bear weight. Went to ER...
  15. C

    Knee Infection* Weight Bearing after 2 Stage Surgery

    @seventimes, did you find any answers. I am traveling down a similar road. Had TKR 12/2020. Mine never went well from the start. Lots of swelling, pain and a quad not firing. Stayed in PT ("still," in PT), saw rheumatologist, neurologist, neuromuscular, you name it... Still serious issues. In...
Back
Top Bottom