Recent content by connie.m

  1. connie.m

    THR Connie.m's recovery (anterior/robotic)

    I'll let you know! I don't feel like I have done anything excessive at all. I mean, I feel like I could walk the .25 mile to the mailbox, but I haven't. I'm just going about my business in what feels like a very natural way. There is no pain to push through, so it's not like I'm ignoring...
  2. connie.m

    THR Connie.m's recovery (anterior/robotic)

    I was told I could drive as long as I was not on narcotics and felt able. I was told to have my husband take me to a parking lot to check my mobility, etc. All is fine.
  3. connie.m

    THR Connie.m's recovery (anterior/robotic)

    Day 8...walking pretty normal. Able to do stairs normal as well. Slept on operative hip last night for a bit. Driving again. Kind of feel just tight in the joint when I first get up from sitting/lying ahile. Minimal swelling visually. May be a different story when I decide to wear jeans...
  4. connie.m

    THR Connie.m's recovery (anterior/robotic)

    Day 6: Began walking unassisted yesterday. Somewhat slower than my norm but with an even gait. Also, confidently climbed 3 stairs with no railing (one step at a time) with no feeling of weakness. Was able to rest on my operative hip last night for about 10 minutes. It didn't hurt but felt odd...
  5. connie.m

    THR Connie.m's recovery (anterior/robotic)

    @Layla , I don't feel as though I am pushing too hard at all. Everything I am doing seems rather natural. I see a lot of warnings on this forum of doing too much too soon so I am letting pain be my guide. I am icing and elevating most of the day. The research I did shows the average age...
  6. connie.m

    THR Connie.m's recovery (anterior/robotic)

    I am keeping optimistic. I am on the younger side for this procedure and also went in super strong as I am a competitive athlete. I have a ton of muscle I am counting on to carry me through. I'll let you know if things go south. I am staying tuned into my body so hoping for the best!
  7. connie.m

    THR Connie.m's recovery (anterior/robotic)

    Went to dinner with friends. Used a crutch instead of a walker. Was slower but otherwise just fine. Forgot about my hip during the course of the evening. Getting in and out of bed MUCH easier today. 650mg Tylenol every 6 hours seems to be doing the trick.
  8. connie.m

    THR Connie.m's recovery (anterior/robotic)

    Feel much clearer today since the narcs have worn off. moving operative leg much easier. will likely ditch the walker for a cane tomorrow or monday.
  9. connie.m

    THR Connie.m's recovery (anterior/robotic)

    Hey, Sulliy, I was prescribed an ice machine. I wear a hip harness and plug into a motorized ice water machine that circulates the water around the surgical area. It can stay on it 24/7 since there is no danger of skin tissue damage! My hubs is a great caretaker, but when he was at work...
  10. connie.m

    THR Connie.m's recovery (anterior/robotic)

    Had robotic anterior THR yesterday. Surgery started at 9am, ended by 1030am. I was discharged that evening at 7:30pm. Stopped for dinner on the way home (ate in car). First night sleep uneventful. Slept on my back and also non-operative side. Was on 1/2 pill oxy every 4 hours til today (day 2)...
  11. connie.m

    THR Right THR

    @Godzilla1964 , I am also having robotic (Mako) THR soon. What people on this forum don't realize is the robotic protocol which accurately replicates our individual anatomy and how much good (non-diseased) tissue is spared. I have read extensively and talked with my doc and I believe you are...
  12. connie.m

    THR Hate Opioids

    My surgery is slated for Feb 13 at 0930. Right hip. Also, I have not yet run across anyone who has had the robotic replacement done. Am I to assume everyone is getting this now-a-days?
  13. connie.m

    THR Hate Opioids

    Scheduled for THR / anterior / makoplasty (robotic) in 3 weeks. once I go home, I REALLY want to manage pain with tylenol and ibuprofen (and maybe muscle relaxants). In the past, this has worked for me (breast augmentation / hand surgery / deviated septum). I need some cheerleaders out there...
Back
Top Bottom