Recent content by CobyBlack

  1. C

    Hip Infection* Prostalac articulating spacer left in permanently???

    A quick update. Thank you, again, to both @Jamie and @Jaycey for your suggestions and comments on surgeons both close and elsewhere in Pennsylvania. After additional research and discussion, we decided to reach out to Dr. Gwo-Chin Lee at PennMed/University of Pennsylvania. I have contacted...
  2. C

    Hip Infection* Prostalac articulating spacer left in permanently???

    @Jamie---Again, thank you for the two surgeons you suggested in Philadelphia. Were this normal times, I would initiate contacting them this morning. However, right now Philadelphia is the active "hotspot" for Covid-19 in Pennsylvania. I know the the health care system is strained and...
  3. C

    Hip Infection* Prostalac articulating spacer left in permanently???

    This sure happens fast! I feel so appreciative and energized. By the time I typed my response to Celle, I had the added response from Jamie. So much for not knowing how to "tag". This is already so helpful. Many thanks. Coincidentally, the orthopedic practice I have worked with is in the...
  4. C

    Hip Infection* Prostalac articulating spacer left in permanently???

    Wow, Thank you! My 1st hip replacement was April 5, 2019. (Left hip) The removal of the prosthesis and placement of the spacer was December 24, 2019 The emergency surgery for the broken femur was January 3, 2020 My zip code is 17543. It would be nice to be within 100 miles of a second...
  5. C

    Hip Infection* Prostalac articulating spacer left in permanently???

    I am a 73-year-old male. General health, excellent. Until 18 months ago, I was a fitness devotee. Cardio exercise daily. Walking/hiking/running 40 to 50 miles a week. Running may be a thing of the past for me now, but serious walking and hiking remains a goal. 18 months ago, my femoral...
Back
Top Bottom