Recent content by clumsyknee

  1. C

    TKR i'm new here

    hi again, folks I saw the dr. yesterday. It was a nice visit, she said I have met all of the 6week benchmarks. She said the bone healing is great. She said the muscles and soft tissue will take much longer. I had had a few bad days and was feeling like I was going backwards. I've been concerned...
  2. C

    TKR i'm new here

    so I've been going to PT 2x week, I feel like they turned me into a pretzel! She says it looks good but we need to get full range of motion by about 6weeks. any thoughts? She said I am about 105 degree now @4weeks. She did tell me to keep icing, I did too much last few days. I did some light...
  3. C

    TKR i'm new here

    the post op appt went well. I had a substitute doc. She said the incision looks very good. I downgraded to just steristrips. She checked bending, looks good. She said to expect the swelling to go on for sometime. They took a new x-ray, looks great compared to the mess that it was before. Here's...
  4. C

    TKR i'm new here

    little update. Yesterday i got discharged from the home-PT. They said I'm making good progress, and to Keep working on bending/straightening and walking. A few days ago we walked outside, just in front of the house for a few minutes. I have been using the cane for the stairs, so they suggested...
  5. C

    TKR i'm new here

    I was in the brace to provide some stability, because of all the ligament injuries. At first it was immobilized, then a hinged knee brace. It was like walking on a weeble. I won't need the brace going forward though. I do ice it several times a day, I don't have the machine but they used one in...
  6. C

    TKR i'm new here

    thank you, I will check out these articles. My LTKR was on 3/13. In July '21 I severely injured my knee. I believe I hyperextended it or something similar, anyway it was a dislocation. I had tears in acl pcl mcl lcl of varying severities, both meniscus, hamstrings, tibial plateau fracture. By...
  7. C

    TKR i'm new here

    Hello, I have just discovered this site a few days ago, so I registered. Looks like a lot of information is available. Let me know how or where to introduce myself, or if this is to just ask questions. My LTKR was about week and half ago.
  8. C

    TKR TKR after tibial plateau fracture

    hello I'm brand new here. Your post caught my eye because I also had an injury very similar to yours. I just got a tkr nearly 2wks ago. I hope you will get answers and some pain relief soon. Any updates?
Back
Top Bottom