Recent content by clucas

  1. C

    Revised PKR to TKR Partial to Revised TKR

    So I went for a massage today. While apprehensive going in, afterwards was so glad I went. My therapist was stern but gentle in working my entire leg from the hip to the toes. While it was intense when she was massaging the sore area once she quit working that area it felt pretty darn good. I...
  2. C

    Revised PKR to TKR Partial to Revised TKR

    Pumpkin, thank you for the insight. I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow to see if that will help with the soreness of the IT band and swelling/stiffness and then trying the taping. Hopefully this helps with the issues. During PT today I hit 111 deg bend and 3 deg from straightening. Will...
  3. C

    Revised PKR to TKR Partial to Revised TKR

    Has anyone used kinseotaping for an inflamed IT band after a TKR?
  4. C

    Revised PKR to TKR Partial to Revised TKR

    Celle, Thank you for the article. Yes, I ice front and back daily along with constant massage around the knee. Today I got to 105 deg only being 2 weeks out so my PT and I were happy. Tomorrow I start laser treatments to help combat the inflammation so hopefully that will give me more relief...
  5. C

    Revised PKR to TKR Partial to Revised TKR

    13 day check up yesterday and conversation with the doctors was quite interesting. Surgeon stated that original doctor used some sort of oversized suture on the inside of my knee so along with the loose bottom partial implant it took them extra work to clean up the knee and all the scar tissue...
  6. C

    Revised PKR to TKR Partial to Revised TKR

    Pumpkin, No, I am not using the same surgeon who did the partial. The original surgeon, I had to get a lawyer to get out from his care. He was a work comp doctor who I told them I did not want. First time I had to use him I had to have a second hand surgery less than a year later. I am...
  7. C

    Revised PKR to TKR Partial to Revised TKR

    My PT is amazing and has done all my rehabs. She is not sure what caused this to flare up. Right now she is just working on gentle movement and spent today massaging the area. She will do the same tomorrow and surgeon on Wednesday. I have been on the ice compression machine all day along with...
  8. C

    Revised PKR to TKR Partial to Revised TKR

    Original partial on left knee was done on April 6th, 2018 and due to aseptic loosening of the lower joint I had a revision to a total knee on October 29th, 2020. Surprisingly everything was going great with minimal pain up till November 8th. 10 days later and it seems like I have a large area on...
  9. C

    TKR 8 wks out from RTKR

    So, I am 8 weeks out from a right total knee replacement. My surgery was September 3rd 2019. I have never had a problem with bending as the day after surgery I had 94° Bend. Tell my troubles to be with extension. Took me almost 7 weeks to get to zero and still working on this. The hardest part I...
  10. C

    Revised PKR to TKR Partial to Revised TKR

    Sorry for the delay in getting back on here. Since the last comments I have gone in for a bone density scan which the results (I had to get from the medical facility myself) says that I the results are from an infection or a loosening of the joint. I have also been reading more on line and...
  11. C

    Revised PKR to TKR Partial to Revised TKR

    @Josephine - yes that is high for so long out and that is what I keep trying to tell the doctor and as you can see it has been to no avail!
  12. C

    Revised PKR to TKR Partial to Revised TKR

    @Josephine I take maybe 800mg of ibuprofen 2-3 times a week lately otherwise I take nothing.
  13. C

    Revised PKR to TKR Partial to Revised TKR

    @Jockette , Sorry i missed your comment. Yes work comp requires you to see certain doctors. I f I had my way I would have gone to the orthopedic doctor who did the scopes on both my knees. He was awesome. But instead I got stuck with the one I didn't want!
  14. C

    Revised PKR to TKR Partial to Revised TKR

    6 I no longer take any meds moderate 127 and 0 Don't ice anymore Bike EVERYDAY Don't do reps, seconds is how it is counted
  15. C

    Revised PKR to TKR Partial to Revised TKR

    @Josephine - Here are my replies to your questions. 1. My pain level at 5:03 pm is between a 5-6 with more tightness/swelling/stiffness felt around my entire knee but more predominate on the backside of the knee 2. I was originally prescribe oxycodone/acetaminophen 5-325mg, 1 every 4-6 hrs...
Back
Top Bottom