Recent content by cleartoday

  1. C

    TKR Carole’s recovery thread

    Carol I think you did the right thing by canceling your PT. Hopefully you can talk to your surgeon and he can help you make the best decision for your recovery. I am at at 8 weeks and my pt is pretty aggressive. But I am handling it well. There is a lady going thru therapy at the same location...
  2. C

    TKR Tuesday 9/24

    Good luck to you. My first and foremost thought going into mine was attitude, attitude, attitude. Told the doctor and nurses how I felt about it. I feel it’s upmost important to have positive attitude. Especially if things get a little tough.
  3. C

    TKR Cleartoday recovery thread

    Yes ma’am. Ice is my best friend.
  4. C

    TKR Cleartoday recovery thread

    I agree. My wife said the same thing. I do like and have learned exercises that will help me strengthen this thing, as I am still healing. I will talk to my Dr Tuesday when I go for my post / pre opp appointment.
  5. C

    TKR Cleartoday recovery thread

    Carole4815, thanks it is going well, and I’m excited and concerned about the next one. Those first three weeks for me were brutal. I’m sure not looking forward to that part. Celle, I understand where your coming from, I finally understood just how long full recovery can take, and I’m all in...
  6. C

    TKR Cleartoday recovery thread

    Oh and by the way. Monday October 14th I am going in for my RTKR.
  7. C

    TKR Cleartoday recovery thread

    I had LTKR on August 5th. I followed apricotpie as his surgery was 2 or 3 weeks ahead of mine, and I really needed to know what to expect. First few weeks the pain was horrible. I am now 7 weeks in, and I am doing fantastic. I started in home PT 7 days after surgery. It was not easy at first but...
  8. C

    TKR Apricotpie and his right TKR

    I like it. And I do have a pick up. Although I quit drinking years ago I can still do the exercise. The briskets turned out really good. In the process I found out a good friend of mine got his leg crushed by a fork lift. So my wife and I spent this afternoon putting together a few meals the...
  9. C

    TKR Apricotpie and his right TKR

    Apricotpie, I had my left TKR on August 5th. I have been following you as I an right behind you on the healing process. I seem to be doing pretty good. I am trying to back away from the pain meds. So, a med at night, over the counter starting when I wake up. As I have read above not moving it at...
Back
Top Bottom