Recent content by Cisne

  1. C

    THR Hip Number 2

    Hi Layla! Overall I’m doing well! This week marked six weeks post op, and I’ve been cleared by pt and my surgeon. With my surgeon’s blessing I returned to work at 2.5 weeks post op. The first week I taught two classes then returned home. The next 2 weeks I worked half days. The past two weeks...
  2. C

    THR Hip, hip hurray (again)

    Day 13: The last couple of days represent a big change in how I am feeling. Being able to find a medicine routine that works has been such a positive! I feel more like myself now and I feel like my mind and body are working together towards healing. I had PT yesterday, and the he was pleased...
  3. C

    THR Hip, hip hurray (again)

    Hi Jaycey! You are correct that they are both NSAIDs and thus contraindicated. However, he gave special short term permission as Advil is the only thing that helps with my menstrual cramps. I've now switched back to acetaminophen. Have a fantastic day! Michele
  4. C

    THR Hip, hip hurray (again)

    Thanks everyone! It's been helpful to trade out Tylenol for Advil. I've had a much better couple days in general. I'm still not sleeping fantastically, but the pain is better, and I feel like I've turned a corner! I'm always grateful for BoneSmarties and their wise words! Wishing you all a...
  5. C

    THR Hip, hip hurray (again)

    Hi all! I'm now a week post op, and for the most part doing well. However, I'm finding nighttime to be a problem. I'm having trouble finding a sleeping position that allows me to be comfortable enough to sleep. I've tried on my back, as well as on my non-op side (with a pillow between my legs)...
  6. C

    THR Hip Number 2

    HI all! I am so happy to be at home! My teacher friends have organized a meal drop off for the next week-which is amazing! It's also nice to know that I will have someone dropping by to say hello! It's the middle of the night here, and I'm doing my usual post-op not sleeping. It's funny how...
  7. C

    THR Hip Number 2

    Good morning everyone! I am now about 22hours post left hip replacement and getting ready to go home. I’m a little more stiff than what I remember from the other side. However, it probably has to do with lack of pain meds. My BP dropped every time I stood up, resulting in nausea and dizziness...
  8. C

    THR Hip, hip hurray (again)

    Hello again! After a near miss with my surgery being denied in July, I now have insurance approval for this THURSDAY! I may have a moment (or more) of panic when I got the call today. I now have a sub, have left lesson plans, and have been Covid tested. I'm awaiting my surgery time. I should...
  9. C

    Revision THR Now Facing Left Hip Revision

    Just wanted to say hello, as we are scheduled on the same day! I'll be looking for your post op thread! Wishing you well! Michele
  10. C

    2020 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

    Hi friends! After a false start in July, I will be having my LTHR on Thursday, October 1. I heard from the surgeon's office this morning, drove the hour to be tested for COVID and MRSA, and had labs. I'm now awaiting my surgery time. This is the same surgeon who did my right hip 3 years ago...
  11. C

    THR Hip, hip hurray (again)

    @zaberflote He thinks doing PT and injections. However he did tell me at our last visit that he didn't feel PT would help as I'm very active. Thanks everyone! Michele
  12. C

    THR Hip, hip hurray (again)

    Thanks Layla! Sadly, I've just had a call from my surgeon's office. Insurance has denied my surgery insisting that we jump through more hoops before scheduling. Take care, Michele
  13. C

    2020 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

    Hi all! My surgery has been denied by my insurance company. So, I'll need to do PT/injections before moving forward. Seems silly to me because neither will grow cartilage or fix my labrum. Thanks, and I wish everyone well! Michele
  14. C

    THR Hip, hip hurray (again)

    Hi Layla! Yes, I do remember you, as well as those you named! Thanks for checking in! All the best! Michele
  15. C

    THR Hip, hip hurray (again)

    Hi all! I´m Michele, a 46 year old teacher from Southern Indiana. I had my first THR (right side) three years ago and after two failed labral repair/reconstructions. This time the decision has been rather quick. I saw my surgeon at my PT´s request, we did a MRI, and I met with the surgeon again...
Back
Top Bottom