Recent content by CHD2015

  1. CHD2015

    Best Hip for running after THR

    @soup2nuts I am closing in on one year out from RTHR (April 2017). I love my Corin mini-hip. Back to running, one to two days outside. I ran 6.7 miles this am. Most of my running is on a ZeroRunner - a really great indoor running machine by Octane Fitness. I used it leading up to surgery and...
  2. CHD2015

    Trying to decide - mini-posterior vs anterior

    I went through a fair amount of investigation and there a plenty of postings on this site regarding approach and implant type. The one common theme that I found was choose a surgeon that has plenty of experience, that you have confidence in. I think that some have suggested about 200...
  3. CHD2015

    August 7th is my turn

    @Anne C Everyone's recovery is different. I am 10 weeks post surgery, anterior approach. I also have a desk job. I did not have out patient, surgery was noon on Wed and I was released by 5 on Thur. I was very fortunate that I did not have a great deal of pain and what pain I did have was...
  4. CHD2015

    Walking and excercise before THR

    Just a thought but have you tried flexibility exercises? Yoga? Foam Rolling? I found that both provided me some relief
  5. CHD2015

    Homeschooling During Recovery

    Charlene, congratulations on homeschooling your children, that is a wonderful blessing to pass on to them. Everyone's recovery is different, I am a little over two weeks out from my right hip replacement. Listen to your Dr and care providers. Don't push it, slow and steady works very well...
  6. CHD2015

    THR All done 6 days post op

    It feels great! A great friend picked me up and brought me to work and my son is picking me up. Shorter hours than I usually work but mentally I am much happier being back at work. As I mentioned in my reply to Jaycey, I really am not doing anything more than what I would be doing at home...
  7. CHD2015

    Hip replacement surgeons

    @Angel63 , I wanted to share with you that I had my surgery last week (April 5) with Dr. Kreuzer, Inov8 Orthopedics. This was my initial surgery and not a revision - I confused people because I had not updated my profile after I decided to postpone my surgery in June 2016. I personally know...
  8. CHD2015

    Hip replacement surgeons

    Sorry for the confusion, I was going to have the surgery last year and ended up postponing. Had surgery last week and everything went great! Updated my profile
  9. CHD2015

    THR All done 6 days post op

    Horseshoe, Thank you! I was very pleased with Dr. Kreuzer and his entire team. The hospital as well. Post surgery xray showed the hip was inserted perfectly (at least to me). It looked like the pictures in the marketing materials that Corin publishes!
  10. CHD2015

    THR All done 6 days post op

    Jaycey, Thanks, my activity level is pretty much the same at work as at home. I am sitting for the majority of the time. Get up to use the bath room or get a drink. Using bilateral support when I get up. I am not doing more than the exercises they gave me at the hospital PT session following...
  11. CHD2015

    THR All done 6 days post op

    I had my right hip replaced last Wednesday April 5, 6 days ago. Surgery was at the Joint Center, Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston TX (Memorial City). The Surgeon was Dr. Kreuzer, Inov8 Orthopedics anterior approach and the device was the Corin Mini-hip, ceramic on poly. Everything has gone...
  12. CHD2015

    Had consult at Hospital for Special Surgery (Dr. Sculco) -- A few questions?

    Jason, I am a runner, right now somewhat of an ex-runner. I love to run. In 2.5 weeks I will be having my right hip replaced. I decided to go with Corin Mini-hip, ceramic on poly. I really wanted ceramic on ceramic, however the CoC Corin Mini-hip is not yet approved in the US. It has been...
  13. CHD2015

    Hip replacement surgeons

    Angel63, I am scheduled for RTHR in less than 3 weeks! I live in San Antonio but am traveling to Houston for the surgery. I sought out referrals and spoke with individuals that have had the surgery and selected Dr. Stephan Kreuzer. He has opened his own practice, Inov8 Orthopedics. Dr...
  14. CHD2015

    Researching Surgeons

    @Old Rocker, BCBS does have some ratings available in their database for searching - I think they are levels of distinction. They also have some joint replacement centers that are certified.
  15. CHD2015

    Revision of 7½ year old hip

    @Scott, wishing you best of luck with your surgery and recovery. Wondering if you are aware of hiprunner.com? It is another site with runners that have had THR and gone back to running. Might be another good spot to share experiences. I have congenital hip dysplasia and waiting on getting my...
Back
Top Bottom