Recent content by Cat_Girl

  1. Cat_Girl

    Do I need to be “Bone on Bone” before I have my knee replaced?

    May I ask how old you are? I am 51.
  2. Cat_Girl

    Do I need to be “Bone on Bone” before I have my knee replaced?

    Thank you so much for your support. It seems at times to be difficult to find people that support my decision.
  3. Cat_Girl

    Do I need to be “Bone on Bone” before I have my knee replaced?

    Thank you so much to everyone for the encouraging words. I know that if I change my mind I will regret it. It’s time for me to get my life back.
  4. Cat_Girl

    Do I need to be “Bone on Bone” before I have my knee replaced?

    Hi everyone, The time is approaching and I can feel the anxiety creeping in. I am scheduled to have my left TKR on October 30th. To be honest, I am truly scared and wondering if I am making the right decision. But then I wonder...is anyone ever 100% sure going into this type of surgery. I...
  5. Cat_Girl

    Anyone have increased pain in good knee while doing rehab for bad knee?

    Thank you for the response. I kind of figured that might happen.
  6. Cat_Girl

    Anyone have increased pain in good knee while doing rehab for bad knee?

    Hi, I’m scheduled to have my left TKR on October 30th. I have occasional pain I’m my right “good” knee. I have not been very active for the past 2 years. I’m wondering if going through the rehab for my left knee might aggravate or worsen the pain in my right knee. I’ve never had surgery on my...
  7. Cat_Girl

    Anyone ever had Plica Syndrome?

    Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with plica syndrome. I was informed by my original knee surgeon last December that I most likely have an inflamed plica in my right knee (good knee). It was barely visible on the MRI. However I can occasionally feel and hear it snapping. I’m...
  8. Cat_Girl

    Working from home after TKR?

    Thank you for your response. I plan on being very diligent with my exercises but I certainly don’t want want to overdo it. My biggest concern is sitting for long periods of time and the effect that may have on my recovery. Other than my two 15 minute breaks and my 30 minute lunch, I will be...
  9. Cat_Girl

    Working from home after TKR?

    Hi everyone, I have rescheduled my left TKR for October 30th. I can only take 2 weeks off work. I currently work from home and my job involves sitting at a desk for 8 hours per day. I get a 30 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks. I plan on doing my exercises 3x per day: before work, on my...
  10. Cat_Girl

    When is the right time for knee replacement?

    Thank you so much for your advice and support. I know this isn’t going to be easy but it’s something I need to do. I’m also hoping that once I fix my left knee that my right knee will start feeling better.
  11. Cat_Girl

    I Canceled my TKR. Now I'm regretting it!

    So you were bone on bone? My surgeon told me that my xrays only showed very minor narrowing of the joint space. I don’t want to wait until it gets that bad but I’m not really sure how I will know when it’s time.
  12. Cat_Girl

    I Canceled my TKR. Now I'm regretting it!

    How did you know when you were ready?
  13. Cat_Girl

    I Canceled my TKR. Now I'm regretting it!

    Thank you for the reply. But I just wonder if I should be having more pain on a daily basis to justify the surgery?
  14. Cat_Girl

    I Canceled my TKR. Now I'm regretting it!

    Hi all. I was scheduled to have my left TKR yesterday 9/11. On Friday, 9/6 I decided that I had some questions for the surgeon so I scheduled an appt with him. I must have seemed pretty nervous and unsure of my decision because he called me after I left his office and said he wanted to see me...
  15. Cat_Girl

    Pain in hamstring tendons anyone?

    Thank you for the reply. I’m wondering the same thing. I do believe it’s bursitis but I think the original problem stems from the arthritis and the meniscus. I really hope that your surgery works great for your pain!
Back
Top Bottom