Recent content by carolyn481

  1. carolyn481

    TKR 2nd TKR for Carolyn481

    Hey Everyone, It took me DAYS to figure out how to post in this group. I am doing well. Surgery went without problem. This is day 10 and gave up my prescription pain pills 2 days ago. Having in-home PT. Watching the number of my steps and don't want to have achy legs at night that will...
  2. carolyn481

    TKR 4 weeks post op

    Just do what you can. I am rotating my pain pill with a walk to the kitchen to get it, go to the bathroom, do the stretches that need to be done on the wood floor (heel slides, knee flexion hold). Put a few things away and bring the ice packs to my room. Trying to find a routine that gets me...
  3. carolyn481

    TKR 2nd TKR

    Hi All, I am back! I had my left knee replaced 2018 and with the great support that I received here, I hiked 15 miles on my best day one year later in Banff, Canada. On 11/18, I am having my right knee replaced. I've got the ice machine on order, blankets stacked for elevation, freezer...
  4. carolyn481

    PKR Setback seven months after surgery

    I understand the need to move as it can help with relieving depression and anxiety. I did water walking because it took the pressure off my aching knees while also strengthening other areas. I did this up until I had my surgery and continue now as my body loves doing it. I have added hand...
  5. carolyn481

    TKR debtd1's recovery thread

    Hi Deb, I’m 3 months out with left TKR. And just ended my post op therapy. Stiffness is going to be our companion for a long while. At bedtime, I use a skin oil and massage my knee and leg with it elevated as high as I can and try to move the fluid closer to my torso. I use deep pressure around...
  6. carolyn481

    TKR 4 weeks post LTKR-July 3rd

    “Showboats” are stabilizing on the slightly flexed surgical knee while standing. The other leg has a long band of theraband that is tied around a leg of very heavy furniture. The leg with the band performs hip ext, flex, adduction and abduction (sorry, I am an occupational therapist). The...
  7. carolyn481

    TKR 4 weeks post LTKR-July 3rd

    Thanks for all the supportive words. I am down to 1 PT visit a week and have been following my home PT program of “showboats” and “side steps” using theraband once per day and light weight on the leg press and leg curls. I resumed this in PT in week 5 and did prior to my surgery. My question...
  8. carolyn481

    TKR 4 weeks post LTKR-July 3rd

    Hey everyone, How do I get over the fatigue that I feel most days? I feel so winded after 45 min of mild gardening, lite housework, etc. I rest throughout the day but not always able to drift into a nap unless I’ve had PT that day. Sleeping is beginning to improve with some mild heat applied...
Back
Top Bottom