The knees are performing well (one knee better than the other) but I still have problems going up and down stairs without support. Mostly down. Is this unusual? I’m guessing my ligaments need further strengthening. Losing the weight will be a plus too. I want to work on my ligaments but wonder...
Hi Friends, I’m trying to lose weight and would like to buy some equipment for my home. I am a relatively young (56) person and need to burn calories so the stationary bike is out. Can’t afford an elliptical so I’m thinking treadmill. Anyone have any advice on this? Is walking everyday maybe a...
Susieshoes I am glad to hear from you too! It appears it is common to be in different places with both knees and they are not equal in recovery. So glad to touch base with other bilateral patients. Some days I feel like what have I done? Other days I remember I’m not limping and I’m on my feet...
Rickj we are two peas in a pod! Nice to meet you! I think my issue is indeed the quads and I do exercise them everyday. Like you, I feel perhaps at 80% with my right being more traumatized than the left. The severe arthritis was on the right and I dare say more work was done there. The left...
Thank you all for your kind words. Can I endulge one more question...
Does anyone think it is best to work with form coming down the stairs over substance and endure the discomfort it takes to look normal to strengthen the muscles associated? I’m beginning to believe at this point I need to...
Hi All, I am now 10 months post op from my bilateral knee replacement surgery (January 25th, 2017) and still having trouble going down stairs. I have to hold on and my form is awkward. Thought by now I would be flying up and down stairs but dare say not. I can go up without holding on and can...
Red's mom and gazelle 7777 thank you for making me see the bigger picture as to what's ahead. I didn't have this surgery to hold to the handrails while doing stairs so I am glad to see I will shed this condition in the months/years ahead. Now, when I forget something downstairs, it stays there...
Ray Gardiner I have no idea why. When I first got home from the hospital I was encouraged to wean off Oxy to extra strength Tylenol when possible. I actually tried to cut back sooner than I should and this presented me with depression. I didn't want to get out of bed until I said to hell with it...
Want2hike and DebM thank you. Your stories are exactly what I need
to hear. Others please keep the comments coming. It's been so beneficial and I am feeling very much at home here!
Thank you Pumpkin for the wealth of information! I have been reading everything everyone has posted and the articles and agree pain management is essential. My Surgeon's Assistant has given me the warning that no more pills will be issued after this month. I'm not quite yet three months (surgery...
Hi everyone, I am 12 weeks out in my post op recovery from bilateral knee surgery on Jan 25th and wonder how everyone is doing with stairs at this milestone. It's not easy for me and I prefer to hold on going down with both hands if possible taking each step one leg at a time first (my left leg...
Hi, my name is Caroline and I'm having bilateral knee replacement surgery next week, January 25th. Must admit I'm getting the jitters. My right knee is severely arthritic (bone on bone) but the left is not (six months to a year behind). I've opted to do them both at the same time so that I can...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.