Recent content by Canuck

  1. C

    THR Hip surgery under 40 years

    I never used a wedge pillow though I slept on my back for a couple of weeks. I checked with the OS when he removed the staples at two weeks post op and he said that I could sleep on my stomach, if I preferred (I did). Prior to having the staples removed, the wound was certainly sore but I kept...
  2. C

    THR 2 weeks post op and miserable

    You're right about the date of the surgery. :snork: I'm 66, 6'3" about 295 lb. I'm fine now, and though I don't enjoy hauling my large butt up multiple flights of stairs, I can do so with no ill effects. I made my major gains in range of motion in the first two, pain free, months of recovery...
  3. C

    THR 2 weeks post op and miserable

    I had my hip replaced on November 26 of 2013 and my post-operative recovery regime consisted entirely of Josephine's advice; rest, ice and elevate. No PT and no more walking than was necessary to care for myself. As an old, fat guy, my primary goal was to avoid as much pain as possible. I...
Back
Top Bottom