Recent content by Cammieoh

  1. C

    THR Why so much pain after THR 2/2

    The next step for my hip flexor tendinitis (due to my THR) is an injection in my tendon guided by altrasound. How painful is this injection? I know they numb the skin area but I’ve heard it’s really painful and doesn’t start working for a few days. Right now this is my next option since I am...
  2. C

    THR Why so much pain after THR 2/2

    Yes! At least I have a response for those well meaning people who kept telling me that I shouldn’t be in pain at this stage!
  3. C

    THR Why so much pain after THR 2/2

    As an update: I phoned my surgeon and he got me right in. I have hip flexor tendinitis hence the groin pain. I am in oral steroids for 10 days. If my pain doesn’t go away I will need a steroid injection (ouch.) he told me to take it easy no exercise but walking. X-rays show new joint is in...
  4. C

    THR Why so much pain after THR 2/2

    Thank you so much for the encouragement! I have to learn not to push myself. My sister has had several hip knee shoulder replacements and she feels she is an “expert.” I assisted her after a few surgeries and she had very little pain! I think she has a higher pain tolerance or something.
  5. C

    THR Why so much pain after THR 2/2

    Thank you so much for the info. My right hip was replaced. I feel like a drug seeker when asking my surgeon for meds. He filled Tramadol for 7 days- 3 times a day so only 21. I didn’t want to take it three times a day so I could make it last. I have 4 left so I’m going to take it three times...
  6. C

    THR Why so much pain after THR 2/2

    I had an anterior THR- people seem to be perplexed I’m not farther along in my recovery- some going so far as to say I should have no pain and should feel like this is the best thing I ever did. But I don’t feel like that! I have groin pain and constant pain in my thigh. I can walk w/o a cane...
Back
Top Bottom