Recent content by Cadbury

  1. C

    PKR Metal allergy

    @sistersinhim, thank you for changing the title. I’m scheduled to see another revision doctor mid August. Appreciate your input.
  2. C

    PKR Metal allergy

    Since my last posting I’m still having relentless pain and have consulted with so many orthopedic doctors that I lost count. Sometime in June this year I went to see another orthopedic surgeon and he referred me to an allergist who’s an associate professor in UCI, Irvine who did a patch test...
  3. C

    PKR Metal allergy

    @sistershim and @jockett. Thank you very much for messages. The thing is my gait is so messed up that I’m thinking it’s a motor nerve issue. I have to keep adjusting the way I walk. My kneecap is also very sore. So I really don’t know whats going on with the knee. I have an appointment with the...
  4. C

    PKR Metal allergy

    Jockett, thank you so much for your comforting thoughts. Granted, the arthritis pain is gone but now I can’t even describe the pain I’m experiencing. Is it joint pain, soreness, tendinitis, nerve pain (although I don’t have any of those symptoms), stiffness or swelling pain. It’s like I have all...
  5. C

    PKR Metal allergy

    It’s been awhile that I have posted (I’ll be 10 months post op on 8/29) and wasn’t sure if anyone has the same issue like I have. @Jockette I wanted to reach out to you if you still have pain in your kneecap and if you did, can you walk with the pain. You had a partial patellar replacement and...
  6. C

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Hi Jockett, that’s great that you’re able to do the stairs. Maybe if you can find a public school with an open arena you could practice with them. As for the EMG test, try to get it done for ease of mind. I know it’s been 2 years that you still have issues but if you don’t do it you’ll not know.
  7. C

    PKR Metal allergy

    Im sorry for your woes and I know it’s hard to deal with an outcome your not happy with. I don’t think I’ll be able to manage like you have for such a long time. For me, I’ll keep exploring my options and not caved in. I hope you’ll too
  8. C

    PKR Metal allergy

    Hi Jockett, I didn’t go for a second opinion for my partial. I was in debilitating pain that I just want to get it done with. My OS was very assuring as he thought that since I don’t have any underlying illness and in excellent health, no complications whatsoever, he expected me to be up and...
  9. C

    PKR Metal allergy

    Thank you Josephine, I’m in the midst of checking some physiatrist as they specialize in pain management and rehabilitation and I believe acupuncture is one the methods.
  10. C

    PKR Metal allergy

    Hi Calgirl, the link was very informative. Thank you very much for that. I’m not in the field of medical profession so it’s hard to process and retain information in medical terminology. I’ll know more when I go see the second neurosurgeon and I’ll be ready to go over whatever concerns I have...
  11. C

    PKR Metal allergy

    Jockette, I’m sorry that you’re having those issues. I don’t have those issues you describe but I have this dull aching pain from the quads muscle. Walking is a challenge as I can’t extend my leg and after a few steps it kind of just freezes up. My husband mentioned I walk like I’m feeling for...
  12. C

    PKR Metal allergy

    @Wow. Thank you Jockette for the heads up. I have been reading your post and I believe we have similar partial. I really thought I was on track for my recovery. Guess not
  13. C

    PKR Metal allergy

    I have not posted since February ady I thought I was making progress in my recovery. However in April my recovery started to stall as I was struggling to walk although I didn’t do a whole lot of exercises. On my 6 month visit with my orthopedic surgeon, he couldn’t understand why as he thought I...
  14. C

    PKR Metal allergy

    Hi maryo52, apologies for the late reply. I have not been checking notifications on my iPhone. U know I have slowed down quite a bit and noticed slow incremental progress and I’m not too discouraged now. It’s just that I’m feeling anxious whether I’ll get to a happy place like all the patients...
  15. C

    PKR Metal allergy

    Thank you NavyGunns for your prayers
Back
Top Bottom