Recent content by cabland

  1. C

    Knee Infection* CABLAND's 11/13/2023 LTKR Recovery

    OK, here is my latest update. I saw a new infectious disease doc in March and while he felt he could do more complex tests to rule out any lingering infection, his recommendation was to see a new surgeon, so TODAY I saw a new surgeon and we discussed both my knees, history, etc. Based on the...
  2. C

    Knee Infection* CABLAND's 11/13/2023 LTKR Recovery

    The heat did improve after the steroid shot/celebrex regimen and continues to have improved (with the exception of the location of "the shelf" in my pic above). Still, it was hot all over and only warms up now overall if I do a lot and then cools back down. I averaged 7000 steps a day for the...
  3. C

    Knee Infection* CABLAND's 11/13/2023 LTKR Recovery

    Hello All - Apologies for the lack of updates (I know you were missing them - hah!) - is it too late to say Happy New Year?. Here is the latest: Symptoms 1. Pain, swelling, stiffness, heat & clunkiness - As noted, I got the steroid shot at the end of October (got one in the other knee too) and...
  4. C

    Knee Infection* CABLAND's 11/13/2023 LTKR Recovery

    @Layla - I'm in the Dallas / Ft. Worth (Texas) area. I have seen Gerhard Maale's name on here a couple of times, but unfortunately, he is not on my insurance (note: there are tons that are in my insurance...can't shake a stick around here w/o hitting one). I have a few other names, but it is...
  5. C

    Knee Infection* CABLAND's 11/13/2023 LTKR Recovery

    Quick update - Saw both my surgeon this past week and infectious disease doc. The visit with the surgeon (5 days ago now) went sort of how I anticipated. Salient items as follows: I explained the pain, swelling, heat I was feeling along with some of the instability issues. I also asked...
  6. C

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    VERY glad to read your latest update WFD. I'm sorry the pain from the stems is still significant, especially since I doubt you can really do much to alleviate that besides taking pain meds. Praying for you for sure buddy!
  7. C

    Knee Infection* CABLAND's 11/13/2023 LTKR Recovery

    It may very well be that as the tibial implant is supposed to be just shy of the edge of the tibia. In my case, when I look at my xrays it appears to either be even or slightly over. Minimally, it may be a part of the equation.
  8. C

    Knee Infection* CABLAND's 11/13/2023 LTKR Recovery

    I'm guilty of NOT elevating toes above nose (and I even have a lounge doctor pillow). I did in the early months but I couldn't tell it was really helping...maybe I'll make a more concerted effort to try it out over the next few weeks...at least in the evenings. I may ask my surgeon for another...
  9. C

    Gel Injections? Tell me what you can.

    I too tried the gel injection (but only 1 - monovisc) - no improvement. Even the steroid shots occasionally provided a little relief (albeit not very long lasting). It is very hit and miss for folks so I'm still glad I tried. However, I'm now a lot less interested in the other alternatives...
  10. C

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    Any updates? I REALLY feel for you in this recovery. Mine hasn't been great, but yours is on a whole different level and I know it must 100% stink!!!
  11. C

    Knee Infection* CABLAND's 11/13/2023 LTKR Recovery

    Yeah, the overall "round knee" swelling has been pretty constant since my original surgery - I think a little bit less in later March and April ( I had a steroid shot in March which I think helped there, but of course I then rolled into the May surgery, etc.). No amount of icing seems to really...
  12. C

    Knee Infection* CABLAND's 11/13/2023 LTKR Recovery

    Hi all - sorry for the delayed update. While I have been busy with helping my mom (getting all the finances, pensions, SS, etc. stuff moved to her as well as dealing with all the account minutia), I haven't updated mostly because I was wanted something "new" to say. While I still don't have a...
  13. C

    Knee Infection* CABLAND's 11/13/2023 LTKR Recovery

    Update - so I am 8 MONTHS from my LTKR today and (as @Layla points out) 2 MONTHS from my arthroscopic clean-up. As noted in my last update, the "crunching" feeling on the lateral side of my knee does appear to have been largely addressed by my arthroscopy and the knee feels loser. However, it...
  14. C

    Knee Infection* CABLAND's 11/13/2023 LTKR Recovery

    Update - So I'm 7 months out from my TKR and now 6 weeks out from my arthroscopic scar tissue cleanup. As feared, I am worse than before the arthroscopic cleanup OVERALL, BUT the cleanup on the lateral side does seem to have been effective (the crunching there is all but gone and the knee...
  15. C

    Knee Infection* CABLAND's 11/13/2023 LTKR Recovery

    Update - I'm 2 1/2 weeks out from the arthroscopic surgery to clean-up the scar tissue. The bleeding did stop and I got my stitches "removed" this past Tuesday. I say "removed" because I'm not sure they were all actually removed or if the nurse just clipped them off level with the skin...
Back
Top Bottom