Recent content by Bustario

  1. Bustario

    PKR The Hiker's Knee Story

    Today I had a major marker in my recovery. I went for a hike. Well, maybe not quite a hike but certainly more than the in-city walks I have been limited to. My partner and I found a relatively flat 2 miler and took a stroll in the woods. I used my hiking sticks just to give me some extra balance...
  2. Bustario

    TKR Trailspud Recovery thread

    Trailspud: I have just read your entire thread and am happy to see a fellow hiker here on the boards. I had a PKR in october so I am about 11 weeks out. I am so bored that I am considering a small hike tomorrow. I've done about 1.5 miles on city blocks which was about my limit but i did not have...
  3. Bustario

    PKR The Hiker's Knee Story

    I have a couple of questions about tightness in my knee. 8 weeks out, I feel like the knee is stiff because of the scar running down the center. You know the feeling? It feels like this scar is constricting my knee and without it I would have much better ROM. Of course, I know it is not possible...
  4. Bustario

    TKR Amackness on the mend!

    No need to be concerned. The first thing they taught me was how to use my good leg to help lift the surgical one. That helped so much for the first few weeks. Then, suddenly, I noticed I had stopped doing it. Best of luck to you.
  5. Bustario

    PKR The Hiker's Knee Story

    Well, how many of us are coming out of the last few days and feeling we have joined the overdoing it club. I flew from NYC to LA and with the crowds and the delays basically was completely worn out when I got there. Then I went ahead and cooked the turkey (cuz mine is just so damn good) and by...
  6. Bustario

    PKR The Hiker's Knee Story

    skigirl, actually, I trust my pt a great deal. She has pushed me in good ways but completely protected me from moving to fast to achieve what my knee is not ready for. I think Josephine would really like her because she always says to me "Listen to what your knee is telling you. If it swells...
  7. Bustario

    PKR The Hiker's Knee Story

    Thanks so much skigirl for the advice. Slept better last night and i am seeing my OS today for my 7 week recheck. I will ask her about the itching and the general state of my knee. MY PT told me I really overdid it this weekend but still with that and the swelling my ROM was up to 121. But she...
  8. Bustario

    PKR The Hiker's Knee Story

    Well, here I am up in the middle of the night, feeling sorry for myself. Why? Not really sure. I went back to work this week and have experienced more swelling and discomfort since then. But in addition, my scar and the entire area around my knee is itching me terribly and having a pant leg on...
  9. Bustario

    PKR The Hiker's Knee Story

    First day done. I am exhausted but managed all I had to do. I need to get the ice to my office so I can keep the swelling down. Hopefully my ice circulator will arrive shortly.
  10. Bustario

    PKR The Hiker's Knee Story

    Thanks leejaa. I have planned out all of my meals and have very little else on the calendar. In addition, after I wrote that post earlier, I reached out to my massage therapist who I went to the day before my surgery to help me get ready. I am now seeing him tomorrow after i finish up work. It...
  11. Bustario

    PKR The Hiker's Knee Story

    I haven't posted much during my recovery but have read and learned so much here. Now I am about to head back to work 6 weeks to the day after my partial knee replacement. I basically have a desk job (although how many of us actually sit at our desks) and I am really fretting over my return. I...
  12. Bustario

    Thinking about a partial knee replacement

    Hi there: I am now nearly 6 weeks out from a partial and I can tell you that even though I am doing really well (according to all measurements), I would think a cruise would feel like both a stress to my knee, energy and, in fact, I would not enjoy it as much as I would want to. I spend much of...
  13. Bustario

    PKR The Hiker's Knee Story

    Actually, things are moving better now. But it is good to have this info.
  14. Bustario

    PKR The Hiker's Knee Story

    I felt like it was time to post an update for myself. Not yet two weeks out and it is like I am in a totally new place. I went to the Dr 4 days ago and she was thrilled with my progress. 92 degrees ROM, minimal swelling, demeanor looking good. (cute to boot :)) I am thrilled. I am now allowed to...
  15. Bustario

    PKR The Hiker's Knee Story

    Hi Josephine: I have had a better day and met with the Physical Therapist for the first time at my home. She also feels I was pushing it too much and modified my exercises and gave me a few others that are being done with a brace on for support. She gave me a much more reasonable goal for the...
Back
Top Bottom