Recent content by BundyGirl

  1. BundyGirl

    TKR Clonking knee cap 9wks post op

    Celle and Susie Thank you!! I couldn't sleep last night because of all this... i was feeling ill and freaked out. This is a work related injury so that's another reason why i feel pushed and have to do all these appointments and gym sessions. Ive just woken now and decided to just pop my...
  2. BundyGirl

    TKR Clonking knee cap 9wks post op

    Thanks Susie!!! Im going to hold off on rushing back to physio.... I've just done a heap of reading on here. Going to work on how i actually walk and make sure it's heel to toe. I actually don't think i ice my knee enough. I was on the belief i didn't need to do it any more since i'm 18 weeks...
  3. BundyGirl

    TKR Clonking knee cap 9wks post op

    Before i had the op i was walking 5ks most days but yes had a bit of a limp. The calf muscle is where im getting all the pain now. I go have massage every other week and she works on it and agrees it's very tight. Is her working on it a good thing or is it bad? My usual physio is away at the mo...
  4. BundyGirl

    TKR Clonking knee cap 9wks post op

    Ive backed off on some of the exercises... i want to see if that will help and reduce the swelling. But then im also worried if that will be bad as well.... thoughts? I currently ride exercise bike, walk and general life plus physio exercises I don't go back to surgeon for 8 weeks so...
  5. BundyGirl

    TKR Clonking knee cap 9wks post op

    Hello all.... well i thought i was going well as im 18 weeks on Monday and the knee is no longer clonking..... BUT.... I can't get the knee straight the knee is approx 8 degrees sometimes 15 degrees qway from being straight and won't go. The knee is still swollen and the muscles are very sore...
  6. BundyGirl

    TKR Clonking knee cap 9wks post op

    So Susie that will help with what sounds like my knee cap clonking? My physio has it strapped at the moment and it feels heaps better. Just worried ive over done it haha
  7. BundyGirl

    TKR Clonking knee cap 9wks post op

    Thank you!! Sorry didn't realize i needed to add to the other one. Still working things out. But love this forum thanks!!
  8. BundyGirl

    TKR Clonking knee cap 9wks post op

    Hi All Ok i'm 9 weeks post op and my knee cap has been clonking for the last couple of weeks. It clonks as i walk along. Doesn't hurt but is annoying! Just wondering if others have this issue? I saw my surgeon at 8 weeks and he said to calm down as i was only 8 weeks out. He said i'm doing...
  9. BundyGirl

    TKR Clonking knee cap 9wks post op

    Awesome feeling isn't it Deb
  10. BundyGirl

    TKR Clonking knee cap 9wks post op

    Ok I get the hint... I'll show down a little and be chuffed with what I have achieved so far hehe. I don't know why I want to rush this anyways. I'm a mum of two kids 6 & 9 and I work full time. I should be kicking back and loving the attention from my hubby and kids and the fact I'm off work...
  11. BundyGirl

    TKR Clonking knee cap 9wks post op

    Thank you both so much. All that info has helped heaps already I'm feeling positive and looking forward to tomorrow and more improvement / challenges
  12. BundyGirl

    TKR Clonking knee cap 9wks post op

    So sorry my surgery date was 26th March. I'm still new to this thing haha. Totally understand re the everyone is different and there is no real right or wrong lol. Im just scared ill stuff something i pushed so hard to get haha
  13. BundyGirl

    TKR Clonking knee cap 9wks post op

    Hi all... God i love this community. ok 4 weeks yesterday i had full TKR to my right knee. Am i on track? I read and read i get nervous about it or should i be happy. I'm young and just want to run haha i know i know. rest relax ice and elevate haha So I'm currently laying in my caravan...
  14. BundyGirl

    38yr old and a TKR booked 26/3

    Mcestang.... your msg above just made me feel that bit brighter about getting it done!! What you said is exa ctly me. I would love to keep in touch and hear how ya doing if thst would be ok? I tried to pm you but it doesn't let me. So KenUSA36..... are you going to get it done when you find...
  15. BundyGirl

    38yr old and a TKR booked 26/3

    Thank you kind people. i know it's what i need for me to get off the side lines and to be there for my family again. it's just very scary and those days i don't have so much pain i get all messed up in my head over it. i make my self walk down stairs at work to feel how seriously sore it...
Back
Top Bottom