B's Knees

I'm due for a bilateral TKR on 9/23/13. I will just have turned 73.

I'm getting pretty nervous about it, especially because I am so totally out of shape. I've been really inactive for many years because I've had really painful knees for many years.

I finally have decided there isn't any alternative since none of the shots work any more and it is getting a lot worse. Interestingly my doctors never really told me I should do this. They were waiting for me to decide it on my own.
When I went to the surgeon, I was intending to do just the worst one, but he said I should do them both because they both need it and I'd be risking infection, etc. only once instead of twice. It made sense to me, but I'm worried about having no "good leg to stand on".

I've been lurking for some time now, and I think the forums can really help, although they scare me, too.
Birthday
Aug 19, 1940 (Age: 86)
Location
Illinois
Gender
Female
Country
United States United States
Occupation
Admin. Assistant

Signature

Bilateral TKR December 16, 2013

Followers

Back
Top Bottom