I’m just past the 5 month mark and pleased to say that after all this time things are finally getting much better.
I don’t seem to get pain anymore but sometimes a hint of soreness. I rarely use my stick. I still haven’t got rid of the lack that of mobility from the psoas tendinopathy but it...
Oh my word! I’ve been catching up on what you’ve been going through. It’s horrendous having to go through all that. I haven’t got the words to say how sorry I am that your recovery is so awful.
I really hope you’ve turned a corner and you have a good recovery now.
Thank you. You make a lot of sense. The top of my thigh is still swollen and I can’t lie on my left side. It feels like there’s a big lump there and it’s painful. So I guess that’s soft tissue damage.
I haven’t tried trigger point therapy so I’ll look into that. I don’t normally use my walking...
Thanks for all the information. The article is really interesting. Since the op I have been doing stretches and all kinds of different exercises for it as well as seeing a physio and chiropractor.
When I was diagnosed via ultrasound and MRI it said ‘the psoas tendon appears mildly hypochoic...
Thank you so much. I’m really sorry you’re still getting pain & stiffness. This makes me feel old too. You’re not a failure. It’s not something you’re choosing to be like and I’m just the same as you. I could accept being like this but I’m not. I’m determined to get better so probably make it...
I’m sorry for replying so late. I keep on leaving replying in the hope I could have something really positive to say.
In truth I am so disappointed with my mobility. Getting dressed is no different to pre op and I’m still paying to see a physio and chiropractor.
Some days I can walk okay but...
Sorry for such a late reply. Many thanks for the information. I think the problem I have is that I had the psoas tendinopathy a few years before my operation. I tried everything and was told that the hip replacement would sort it but it hasn’t. I don’t think it ever would.
I’m not seeing my...
Yes they have concerts every year. I haven’t been to one yet as we only moved down here just over three years ago. It’s a really lovely place to visit.
I’ve had a look at the article. I had psoas tendinopathy diagnosed in November 2021 after an MRI and Ultrasound. I’ve literally spent...
Many thanks. I was hoping the Consultant would suggest an injection but he wants to see me at the one year mark and thinks it’ll improve by itself. I had it for years before the op though so I doubt it will.
So: This is my favourite place in the World.
Beach walk looking towards the Isle of Wight UK.
Whatever the pain I’m not going to give in. I’ve managed this walk twice in the last couple days. I haven’t gone that far in the last three years.
I’m on a rollercoaster that I’ll get off one...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.