Recent content by Bridgy

  1. Bridgy

    TKR SkiBum's recovery

    Hope it’s all fine and you’ll be skiing soon!
  2. Bridgy

    TKR So happy Surgery is behind me!

    Me too! Thanks
  3. Bridgy

    TKR So happy Surgery is behind me!

    One year out from LTKR: I found a certified (MLD) medical massage therapist in a small practice a few miles from me. I had a half hour session last week that felt great. Next time I’m able to get an appt in 2 weeks she will use half the hour on the lymph system and half on knee massage. Not sure...
  4. Bridgy

    TKR So happy Surgery is behind me!

    Thanks! I’ll look into that!
  5. Bridgy

    TKR So happy Surgery is behind me!

    Thanks all. I hope you are right that ROM will come. I leave for vacation this week and will cut way back on all of my exercise. Will mostly do light stretches and some walking and a little kayaking. What kind of therapist does lymphatic massage? That might be something I could try. My swelling...
  6. Bridgy

    TKR So happy Surgery is behind me!

    Now at 11 months and winding down on another (3 months) try at PT. I did see a small increase of flexion at the beginning - maybe to 96 or 98. They are running out of ideas. I mentioned that I am a little looser after PT for 20 minutes or so. The new plan is for me to do 4 bending exercises...
  7. Bridgy

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    I read all 32 prior pages on the knee journey of @Stiff knee NC. I feel for you and all the others with post TKR stiff knees. I will be at a year from LTKR in September 2023. I restarted PT in June due to continued stiffness and poor ROM. I am, on a good day, at 98 with 0 extension. However I...
  8. Bridgy

    TKR So happy Surgery is behind me!

    Thank you both for your encouragement. JusticeRider your words brought a tear to my eye. It’s all very emotional esp. when you feel judged by your inability to progress. I went to the new PT today and I like her plan to work slowly to gain a degree at a time. She said if there is no gain that...
  9. Bridgy

    TKR So happy Surgery is behind me!

    Thank you rain dancer. I don’t like my surgeon mostly because early on he blamed my poor ROM on my inability to handle pain. He said it bent just fine in the OR. Because I can now walk without pain and sleep without pain, I can’t imagine going back to surgery for any reason. That said, I do...
  10. Bridgy

    TKR So happy Surgery is behind me!

    Thank you both for your support. I too hope that my new PT will help. I do have a floor bike pedaler that I use most mornings. It takes awhile each morning but I am able to get a full rotation. I joined a small gym across the street so I can use their recumbent bike. I’ve also tried using the...
  11. Bridgy

    TKR So happy Surgery is behind me!

    So sad to report that at almost 9 months, my flexion has worsened. I think when I left PT in December, 2022 they were able, with pain, to get it to 110. Even though I have tried my best to continue flexion exercises since then and workout regularly, my current flexion is not quite 90. I’m not...
  12. Bridgy

    TKR Michele's RTKR recovery journey

    My PT left me with 3 exercises to do most days after my 3 months ended. One was to get on all fours on a soft surface like a bed and try to sit back on my heels to flex the knee using my own body weight. I have been doing it but can’t lean back much. I can’t imagine kneeling on a hard surface...
  13. Bridgy

    TKR So happy Surgery is behind me!

    Thanks @JusticeRider! I hope you see improvements everyday too. I like to read what you have to say also since we had our surgeries around the same time. Very grateful for the input of all of the bonesmart members!
  14. Bridgy

    TKR So happy Surgery is behind me!

    Thanks! I can see your side too. I’m usually an err on the side of caution person. Maybe I’ll take antibiotics for a couple of years. I trust my GP so will get her opinion in June before the next dental visit.
  15. Bridgy

    TKR So happy Surgery is behind me!

    Thanks for letting me know and that the U.K. is the same! After reading about it, I won’t take clindamycin again for dental appts.
Back
Top Bottom