Recent content by Brbmks

  1. Brbmks

    TKR 3 months out/ snapping sharp pain on left front of knee

    Hello and Happy New Year to you (a bit late). I'm almost 6 months out and still have pain in the knee when I roll off the ball of my foot. Additionally I've been getting a lot of pain in the hip area down to the knee. I was told I have bursitis in that hip and have gotten some injections but...
  2. Brbmks

    TKR 3 months out/ snapping sharp pain on left front of knee

    Thanks, Tina. I will talk to my physical therapist. He does do a lot of deep massage in that area so that's probably what he is trying to do. I will also find something to help roll out my thigh and see if that helps on my own.
  3. Brbmks

    TKR 3 months out/ snapping sharp pain on left front of knee

    I was out of PT for a few weeks due to the flu- but I started back again this week 3x a week. I start with a therapy ball and roll my feet back and forth over it as well as do some bridges with it while lying on table. Not painful, I also do sit to stand, calf stretches, up and down a step...
  4. Brbmks

    TKR 3 months out/ snapping sharp pain on left front of knee

    TKR (L) on September 12. I've been in Physical thrapy since10 days after surgery. My ROM is very good however when I walk I get a sharp pain like something is catching in the front of my knee. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it hurts like heck and makes me hesitant to walk...
  5. Brbmks

    TKR Stairs and pain

    Hi Everyone. I'll be 7 months out tomorrow and I'm doing much better. I still know the knee is there when I go up and down stairs, but I am so much better than when I first posted. I was so grateful for all the posts telling me that it would take longer and you were right. I kept thinking...
  6. Brbmks

    TKR Stairs and pain

    Thanks everyone. I was trying to go up and down reciprocally and feeling like there was something wrong with the knee. I’ve been making such good progress and this was stressing me out. Your replies makes me feel a lot better. I’m going to give it a rest and ease in a step or two at a time...
  7. Brbmks

    TKR Stairs and pain

    My tkr on my right knee was June 24. I’ve been released from physical therapy and doing well except for stairs! I’ve been trying to go up and down reciprocally. When I step up I have quite a bit of pain in the knee. When I go down with the left leg I have a lot of pain behind the right knee and...
Back
Top Bottom