Recent content by bowhunter8

  1. bowhunter8

    PKR MAKO PKR

    @zab My 3 month post op was around -2/140...I may have gained a little more flexion since then. I am very blessed with that. How is your recovery coming along? Looks like you almost 3 months post op. I remember going back to work at that point and iced constantly on my drives in between jobs...
  2. bowhunter8

    PKR MAKO PKR

    I have been trying to find ways to gauge my progress since my PKR to help me realize and appreciate just how far I have come. 1.) I have been turkey hunting the past few weeks which required me to walk roughly 2 miles (round trip) in the dark (flashlight) through a cornfield and sit/stalk...
  3. bowhunter8

    PKR MAKO PKR

    @tarajenni Thank you for your encouraging message and I am sorry to hear that the blues got you down for a while too...its no joke. It sounds like we are in the same boat. I put on some weight and as a result, added to my depression. I have been at the gym 4-5 days a week for about a month...
  4. bowhunter8

    PKR MAKO PKR

    Thanks for your encouraging replies @Jockette and @NavyGunns. I have always appreciated both of your positive outlooks on your procedures. There is so much power in positive thinking! This whole process has been such an emotional and spiritual journey. I know God has taught me so much about...
  5. bowhunter8

    PKR MAKO PKR

    Good Morning BS community! I am coming up on 8 months post op and thought I would give an update. I believe all in all I am progressing nicely. As I take inventory from month to month, I am slowly able to do more on my replaced knee. My struggle is that I was used to doing SO much before...
  6. bowhunter8

    PKR MAKO PKR

    @NavyGunns Thanks for checking in. The past month has been a whirlwind of busyness for me and the family. My knee has been doing fairly well. I pushed pretty hard to have things up to par before I left my Former job last week and the effects of that are still dying down. I can tell that having...
  7. bowhunter8

    PKR MAKO PKR

    Update...5 1/2 months post op. I have good days and and bad moments. Struggling to be consistent with giving myself adequate time to rest. I have found that icing 2 times a day helps a lot. I still take extra strength Tylenol 2-3x a day if needed. I have been pretty consistent with riding bike...
  8. bowhunter8

    PKR MAKO PKR

    I do believe over time that significant healing will come and allow me to do more physical labor but my current job is very physical and I am usually working alone. My knees don’t have adequate time to rest and recover. However, when I switch, my intentions would obviously be to go to a less...
  9. bowhunter8

    PKR MAKO PKR

    coming up on 5 months post op. A few updates. Right knee is doing well. Still the morning and evening stiffness and I still walk with a slight limp. I get my orthotics this week and my wife has scheduled us chiropractic appt. so hoping that will help a little bit. I feel progress is slow as I am...
  10. bowhunter8

    TKR Post surgery knee stiffness?<

    @bad0351 josephine has given you some good advice. I cringed when I read some of your exercises. Stay on top of icing, elevating and pain meds and I think you will be good my man. That was my best form of pain meds and still is. I consistently iced up to 3 months, even in my work van between...
  11. bowhunter8

    TKR Post surgery knee stiffness?<

    @bad0351 I agree with @NavyGunns. That stiffness will be your sidekick for quite a while and is normal for the healing process. I’m at 4 1/2 months post op and I just said to my wife last night how nice it will be when I’m not as sorr when I get up in the morning and go to bed. At 4 weeks...
  12. bowhunter8

    PKR Loose implant!

    I remember at 2 months(ish) after my partial I had some serious pain on my tibia side where my replacement was done and it went half way down my leg. I too thought something was wrong as I wasn’t able to walk much without a lot of pain. I didnt do any formal PT and didn’t think I was overdoing...
  13. bowhunter8

    TKR New knee at 37

    I’m 34 and had a medial PKR done back in early September. Zero regrets and I had no formal PT. I’m climbing ladders, working on my knees with knee pads, light hiking, hunting from tree stands and back to the gym. The key is moderation. Not taking on more than the knee is ready for. Gauge...
  14. bowhunter8

    PKR MAKO PKR

    @JDinCT Sorry to hear you are at the point of making this decision, I’m sure you must be in a lot of pain if You are ready to pull the trigger on it. Long story short the main reasons I chose not to do a TKR for me was mainly the reasoning of my surgeon. I went through numerous surgeons who...
  15. bowhunter8

    PKR MAKO PKR

    @tarajenni and @NavyGunns Thanks for asking. PKR knee is doing incredibly well. I’m working 50 - 60 hours at work these days. I am doing ladders and walking really well. I’ve just started working on my knees on a foam pad. It feel unnatural and mildly uncomfortable but it is bearable when I do...
Back
Top Bottom